New class of 2017 offer: Kyle Young

Four-star Ohio forward Kyle Young

1 Like

Not the next guy that I hoped we would offer but does seem to have some pretty good court awareness and vision. Gotta keep trying to trust JB

Seems like a pretty great fit for a stretch four in this offense, especially if he can grow to 6-8 or so. Strong and athletic enough to rebound, looks like a good finisher and he can step out and hit the three.

2 Likes

Why not? He has the look of a fantastic basketball player. He will be able to pick his school. His sophomore basketball highlights would’ve been impressive for a senior. This is not a trust JB offer. This is an offer to a kid any program would love to have.
If Young isn’t a top 50 player in class of 2017, that is one heckuva class.

1 Like

Looks like he’ll be a nice player. Good frame and nice shot considering he’s still young.

Though I do wish we could get a guy like #41 Logan Hill that looks pissed off every time he attacks the basket. That kid looks like a football player on the court and I love that mentality.

I really do like him. My post may have been more negative than I meant for it, I was just hoping that we might swing for the fences. I think, as Dylan mentioned, he does bring a lot of good traits to the four position, especially if he keeps growing.

How has swinging for the fence worked out before? I am sure a few elites will get recruited/offered, though.

I like his film. Pretty good hops, nice looking shot. Looks like he has a good motor and some toughness. Sign him up.

Not well, but we can’t get what we don’t offer. It is definitely a solid offer. I like it better than most of what we got for 2016

I really like this guys game too. Poole and him would be a good start. I forgot how much room we have in 17

I believe this puts us one over for 2017. Clearly Beilein is going for the over signing rather than have someone leave early and have to scramble at the last minute.

Hope we are able to take 3 in 17 as we are going to need another creator with Poole. Would need a couple transfers for that to happen, don’t want to wish guys to leave but the coaching staff hasn’t done a good job with roster balance.

What happens if no one transfers after this year, where does the extra ship,come from? JB said they had a plan for oversigning, what we the options? Can Davis still do prep school if he signed his LOI?

Cut some players

Yes. Can still prep after signing.

These sort of things tend to always work themselves out. Have in the past and will continue to. 2017 kids don’t even sign until November.

You are probably right, at least they have in the past. However, what happens if they don’t. What options does a school have if they find themselves in a situation with 14 or more guys enrolled or signed?

It’s as simple as asking a kid to leave. It might not the ethical thing to do. The roster is full of guys that could potentially leave in Donnal, Wilson, Chatman, and maybe Doyle. The bigs are in question because of Wagner (might even be in the mix to leave and head back to Germany. I have no inside info but you never know) and the two bigs coming in next year.

Crean has been notorious for over signing the past couple of years.

I really hope we get him. I like his style. Looks tough and skilled, sneaky athlete too. Not surprised butler offered. Looks like a butler type. Hope he joins Poole though.