July Evaluation Period Sightings

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2017 - F - Kris Wilkes (Offer)

1 Like

Michigan watching Wilkes

2 Likes

Still tracking Eastern

1 Like

Any sights of where JB was today?

No real downside, I guess, if heā€™s not deciding until spring. A ton can happen between now and then.

1 Like

I wonder if they are trying to sell him as a ā€œPGā€ in the same way that LeVert and sophomore year Stauskas were. Clearly the main playmaker and the guy who runs the offense but defends the opponentsā€™ wings.

Iā€™m glad weā€™re still tracking him. Heā€™s big enough to play (defend) the 2/3 if needed. Matthews could play the 3. If it came down to it, maybe they think they could pick him up along with a true 4 like Young to finish the class. PG Brooks, Combo Eastern, 2/3 Poole, 3 Matthews, 4 Young

Not ideal but I feel like the coaches are keeping a broader net open this recruiting season so they donā€™t stub their toe in the end.

The only issue I see is that he canā€™t shoot, and those guys could.

Darius Morris couldnā€™t shoot and he did just fine. On offense, heā€™d be the PG. on the other end, heā€™d guard the two or three. Morris was capable of guarding the two as well since he was 6ā€™4".

Thatā€™s fine, but I think Simpsonā€™s outside shot is a bit of a weakness for him, too. Itā€™s highly unlikely weā€™ll be playing any combination of guards where two of three canā€™t shoot from the outside consistently. Iā€™m not opposed to continuing to recruit Eastern, but Iā€™ll bet guys like Carmody, Ryan, and in the 2017 class Cain and Smith become more of a priority.