Danilo Djuricic on unofficial visit today

Danilo Djuricic could be 17 or 18 from Toronto, lead a really talented Canadian U16 team to Silver at Fiba Amercias. Was leading scorer and I think lead the tourney in rebounds. Hope the staff looks to Canada especially Toronto with such close proximity, two really good kids are Simi Shittu and RJ Barrett. Also hope we look more internationally like a Gonzaga, none of the real top kids look at the Zags but they are consistently a top team and seems to be more kids coming over now as well.

Sonny Bairos ‏@Cdn_Ballers 12h12 hours ago
John Beilein & Michigan will host Danilo Djuricic in Ann Arbour Sunday. Duquesne also aggressively pursuing the 6-7 F from Brampton, ON.
1 retweet 1 like
Reply Retweet 1
Like 1
More

2 Likes

Interesting prospect. He actually likes to receive the ball in the post. That’s nice and different.
Looks well coached. Turnaround jumpers in the post are a welcome sight.

Good find. Recruiting Canada makes a lot of sense too given Stauskas’ time here.

I can’t remember where but there was an article on Canadian basketball and how much talent has come out of Ontario since the Toronto Raptors came to town 20 years ago.

Anthony Bennett, Tyler Ennis, Nik Stauskas, Andrew Wiggins, Kelly Olynyk, Tristan Thompson, etc (not sure how many stayed in Ontario)

5 hour drive puts Michigan as one of the closer schools within driving range.

Don’t forget Jamal Murray, who is projected as a top-10 pick in the next draft (and who I believe was a Michigan target before he blew up at the Hoops Summit and went to UK). Most do leave the country for US schools but Orangeville Prep/Athlete Institute is emerging as a prep power north of the border. And the CIA Bounce AAU squad has done well in parallel.

Not too worried about Beilein recruiting Canada and overseas. He’s been doing it consistently and this is just one more example.