College Hoops Open Thread

Would help MAAR if Purdue makes it to the Final Four. That would take V. Edwards off the board who would have to be a lock.

Tate gives good versatility for 3 on 3 so I would definitely take him. Mason has good 1 on 1 ability. McIntosh will probably get a spot because Northwestern is a national darling.

1 Like

Only 1 player per team is allowed.

1 Like

Make it MAAR, then, and get Duncan in a 3 point contest. Hopefully by then, he’ll be back to making open threes.

Cockeyed optimist here - I hope they’re not eligible to participate!

6 Likes

Nice win for UCLA over AZ in Tucson. That win might never be Group 1 but it looks to be a solid Group 2.

On the other hand, VCU lost by 1 at Richmond. They are in some danger of falling below 135 on the RPI, which would take that win out of Group 2. Hopefully they turn it around.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2017-18 Bracketology

4 Likes

Our highest ranking since we lost to NJIT

1 Like

UM finished last season also at 17 in the coaches poll

FWIW…completely exceeded my expectations. With that said, I feel like there’s so much upside. The games a real grinders and love watching Z and JP evolve. My biggest surprise has to be TESKE…did not expect the dog to come out…next year is going to be a slow start with all the Freshman, nice foundation in place!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be too slow of a start, lots of returning players too.

2 Likes

Not sure which is more painful…Oklahoma’s playing or Dick Vitale’s announcing…

2 Likes

Oklahoma going to miss the tournament?

They are definitely officially firmly on the bubble now

They’ve had the hardest schedule in the country according to KenPom. As long as they win a couple games they’ll be in fine.

6 straight losses, 9 losses in the last 11, likely going to have a record below .500 in the Big 12, likely will have 13 losses… they need to pick up some wins fast because they are on a downward spiral

They just look awful on the floor. They have athletes, but it’s just a bunch of guys doing playground shit. Terrible coaching. People have figured out how to defend Young, and without him blowing up the stat sheet every night, OU is not going to beat quality teams the way they were earlier in the season.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with either of you. I just think they’re still most likely going to be in the tournament

I don’t know their schedule, but if they don’t turn it around quickly, they might have a problem. They have had a tough schedule, but at the same time, as already mentioned, teams are in Young’s face, he looks frustrated, and I haven’t seen any adjustments in the games I’ve watched.

1 Like