Charles Matthews getting big

Come on, now, you’ve been here long enough to know that’s how it works. :slight_smile:

He was also the guy the defense was geared to stop. GR3 finished with 14, but hit two threes late. In other words, he didn’t do much. Morgan got all his 11 points on rolls to the basket. Caris had 9. Walton was 1-7. I mean, they were playing Kentucky, and he was the leading scorer in the game by 8 points, and still shot 6-14, so one make away from .500.

This is subjective, but on one stat that I’d use to evaluate any game (Net Rating), he’s not even top 5 on his own team, and not top 10 for the game. If you prefer counting stats, that your prerogative, and i always valued his ability to get his own shot and get to the line, but Nik’s liability on defense only made him valuable when he was hitting more than 28% of his 3s and/or contributing more to the overall efficiency of the offense.

1 Like

Nik’s TS% in that game was 63.7%. His TS% on the year was 64.2%

He was ineffecient overall from the field. His EFG% was only 50% (it was 58.6% on the year). But, the 10/11 free throw shooting dramatically changes the effeciency of his game.

But yes, I do also remember him being much worse in the second half.

Charles Matthews yo

2 Likes

I really like a few of the kids we got. Last night showed that again. Believe me though their inconsistency kills me. I’m with most the naysayers with every poor effort.

Yeah, weren’t we talking about CM at some point?

At least semi-related, talking about gains: Looking at the picture at the top of the article about X, on the front page, it made me wonder if X could still put on some weight, to make up for his small stature. Yogi was a mini freak-beast, and probably the gold standard for what a short, compact PG could look like, but Yogi’s strength helped him guard bigger players and bully taller players. Obviously his elite quickness helped to, but just saying, I hope Camp Sanderson can add a few pounds to X’s short frame (Walton is looking pretty yolked)

1 Like

I’d like to see more of the X and D Walton lineup… giving D Walton the opportunity to play the 2 guard could be deadly, especially since he’s found his stroke as of late from 3.

1 Like

lololololol, this board

3 Likes

The more minutes we can give X without sacrificing effectiveness, which was the case last night, the better.

2 Likes

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft
CM in first round to Warriors.

1 Like

Interesting that they list Marques Bolden as a 2018 draft guy. If he comes back, between Bolden and Wendell Carter, Duke’s frontcourt would be pretty loaded already without Bamba

Wonder how current their intel is on him. Definitely possible, but maybe just one of 100 names they could put there based on pedigree/opportunity.

Nbadraft.net is completely random, especially a mock a full year out.

2 Likes

nbadraft.net literally only still exists because they have a great domain name. The website is complete trash.