Big Ten Tournament Discussion Thread

Might be pretty comparable, is that what you’re thinking? Wouldn’t be surprised.

I wrote about X’s finishing in here.

Didn’t directly compare it to Walton though, I’d have to look that up.

It was certainly everything I felt I could hope for from him. We didn’t thrive while he was in there, but we did survive.

And that’s what we needed to do during those stretches.

https://umhoops.com/2018/03/02/photo-gallery-michigan-77-nebraska-58/

I’ve gotten A LOT wrong this year - a lot. One thing I finally got right was Michigan beating Nebraska by double digits if they played a second time.

That team talked WAY WAY too much trash for a NIT team playing at home. You could tell right from the start Michigan was motivated by all their s#%* talk. Easy for me to say this as a fan. It was just so awesome to see in their play. Players were awesome today getting their revenge.

I like Miles a lot but that group of players deserves to play in the NIT. Most trash talk I’ve seen for a group who’s accomplished nothing of note. For some reason, that game bugged the heck out of me when i watched it.

5 Likes

It’s funny, I’d blocked the trash talk out.

An “NIT! NIT! NIT!” chant went up near the end of the game and I wasn’t really feeling it. Now that you point that out, though… they really did talk a lot of crap in the midst of enjoying one hell of a scheduling gift. I can tell you there was just about no talking at all today. Quiet as church mice.

2 Likes

Ignore if you wrote earlier, but how was the Michigan turnout?

Who knew Nebraska fans were this insufferable? They have some crazy fans that came out of nowhere this year!

Their bench celebrating got ridiculous as well. All in all, just from a fan perspective, good riddance to that team. Annoying as hell this year.

2 Likes

Very strong. There was one section full of Nebraska fans in one of the corners, and a bunch of sparties stuck around (was fun when they cleared out), but I think it was around 75-25 UM fans. Even had a Maize Rage section up in the rafters. We had a lot more to cheer about, of course, but I think we had them badly outnumbered. Tomorrow should be different, I suspect, more 50/50.

@MaizeBlue10 the Nebby fans who were there were very polite, although there really wasn’t much else to do but be polite. They seemed nice enough, though. I felt their pain as they all left. I remember constantly falling short in the Amaker years, so I definitely had sympathy for them.

5 Likes

Yeah can’t make the mistake on my end to characterize their whole fan base by some crazy sets of fans. We have our bad crop as well. Glad to hear they were polite. They’re passionate in Lincoln packing that arena.

2 Likes

I’m really pulling for the Penn State/Rutgers matchup on the other side of the bracket. I think it’d be both hilarious and an awesome atmosphere for tomorrow afternoon.

2 Likes

They’re worth a whole lot more than most of those posers on Harbaughs staff

1 Like

no way there will be 50-50 tomorrow. more likely 3:1

3-1 us?

There were a lot of sparties there today and an unfortunate number of them here in New York.

@MaizeBlue10 - which fans of theirs were annoying this year? Was this online or something?

Yeah just online. I just read on Twitter and they’re crazy with Ant Wright and college writers/bracketology people. They have a different perception of reality haha.

Also, to keep with the thread, go PSU. That would be a NICE win to help boost the Michigan resume.

1 Like

Definitely pulling for them but it’s going to be nip and tuck the whole way.

I hope OSU isn’t wearing them down here with their beef. PSU is getting too ambitious with the dribble at times, while OSU is taking some far too ambitious shots.

PSU really needs to answer this run from the Buckeyes.

Seems like Carr time to start taking over. Already playing well tonight so he can carry them these last 9 minutes.

There you go - nice and 1 over Dakich.

1 Like