Big Ten Discussion

What is the deal with NW? They were a preseason top 25 team. Have they had injuries?

They were close to an even efficiency margin last team that became a trendy pick because of the media narrative. Basically they over achieved their actual efficiency stats which means they were a bit lucky. They brought everyone back, but didn’t really add anything.

BMac has been banged up and missed a few games, but basically they were overrated and have just really struggled. Remind me a lot of 2010 Michigan after making the tourney for the first time.

2 Likes

That said, I think Northwestern has the best chance of being the fifth B1G team in the NCAA, just because they have (so far) managed to avoid injuries and suspensions, and they still have opportunities for impressive wins. They’ll need to play much better than they have, though - starting with winning this game against IU.

Opportunities are great, but they’ve beaten no one and already lost 7 games.

1 Like

Even then, they’ve massively regressed in the advanced stats as well. Don’t get how they’ve fallen off THAT much. Were 38 on KP to end last year and are 63 right now despite returning everyone. Also looks like it’s completely defensively motivated based on the numbers. Defense has fallen off a cliff.

To me you look directly at coaching. For as much as the media built up Collins last year, he’s doing a poor job this year.

Yep, I’m resigned to the B1G being a 4 bid league unless an underdog wins the tournament.

Yes and IU is pounding them today. Down 25 with 8 to go

Holy cow you should be embarrassed Rutgers and Northwestern. This is sad and pathetic.

0.50 PPP for Rutgers? Holy smokes. And this team took Sparty to OT on the road!

Seth Davis has Michigan ranked 10! (MSU 11th)

And Ohio State in the 20s… go figure.

HA yeah, he always seems to be all over the place. That one makes no sense.

2-0. 16-7.

Nebraska -5 (vs Illinois), Penn State -7 (vs Minnesota) and Michigan (vs. Maryland) over 136 tonight.

3 Likes

Andy Katz’ “Power 36” feature has Michigan #9 overall.

5 Likes
2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: 2017-18 Bracketology

Tony Carr has MISSED 34 shots in his last TWO games. What a freaking shot pig.

and that’s with Shep Garner on the team!! He was their chucker for like 2 years, before Carr enrolled.