Big Ten Discussion

I don’t understand these 3 games in a week - wasn’t the whole point of playing 2 conference games in December to avoid this? The BTT is a week early, so playing 2 games in December should mean everyone can fit 16 games in before the BTT without having to play 3 games in a week, just like in a “normal” year where the BTT is a week later, everyone plays 18 games after new years without having to play 3 games in a week.

2 Likes

Fox TV deal has added new timeslots (like Monday and Friday nights).

ahh, so it’s for tv, not MSG like Beilen’s comments made it seem (still not sure why they can’t have whoever plays on Monday not play again until sat/sun, but the maneuvering the tv schedule is probably difficult).

Figures

It is both. The company line is that it is for MSG… but the FOX deal plays a big part as far as I can tell.

This Nebraska/Illinois game is a real mess…

1 Like

It must be to handle the Fox Deal…Big Ten play this year is 8 weeks to play 16 games…

I believe I heard that they were gonna continue to do the 2 December Big Ten games in future years? Presumably to make that scheduling easier?

Turned it on after you said that (after KU/WVU ended). Immediately saw a horrible outlet pass thrown out of bounds, followed by ball dribbled out of bounds, followed by another turnover to transition dunk.

Yes – because of 20 game schedule.

Looks like 0-3…

Clearly Illinois will foul another three point shooter to lose this right?

WOW. Nebraska for the win at the horn. James Palmer Jr. take a bow.

Oh boy Illinois

Wow. I would say poor Illinois but the way they played, they didn’t deserve to win anyway

I understand that three was luck but uh at what point do we start to say Underwood is having a bad first year?

Maybe 0-6 conference starts are just his thing.

2 Likes

The end of that game was hilarious. Illinois down 4 with about 40 seconds… Hits a 2. Nebraska missed the front end of a one and one. Illinois hits an and-one three to go up 2. And then bam, Nebraska hits a game-winning threes.

Brutal

1 Like

HA touché…

I was screaming at Illinois to get off a shot earlier in the short clock as you could see they were going to end up with Nebraska in possession and the shot clock just about off - they completely mucked it up and then got off the hook when Nebraska missed the front end. And then the rest of that madness happened. That short a defender was the best resistance Illinois could throw up at the 3 point line in the last seconds?

Sounds like the first half of our game with Maryland.

I’m gonna throw a bold prediction out there. I like Wisconsin to beat Purdue at Mackey tonight. Wisconsin off a week of rest and Purdue has spent the last 3 days listening to everyone in the country talk about how amazing they are…I think it gets in their head a little bit and Happ might cause Haas some problems.