Big Ten Discussion

I like that as well, but hope we hold serve enough in noncon (UCLA, TX, B1G/ACC?) and against the middle tier (Iowa, Minn, etc) to avoid getting swallowed in the seeding crash that comes with being so balanced as a conference. I have a lot of faith in JB to get us to outplay our seed, but would still prefer a road that is better set up for success if at all possible.

Now that you brought it up, the non-conference slate can be pretty tough next year.

Should be a fun start to the season in Maui with possible matchups again ranked Wichita St plus Notre Dame, VCU and Marquette.

At Texas (with letā€™s hope not but potentially against Bamba), At ACC (top tier team likely) Home vs. UCLA and I would assume Home versus South Carolina or Cincinnati.

For no good reason at all I had started to think this slate was manageable, but had forgotten about who was in Maui. Canā€™t mess around getting everyone into their roles. Makes me think Cam may make even more sense given the amount of instability/inexperience

1 Like

Depending on those matchups and whoā€™s back, Maui can definitely be tough for a beginning of the year set.

Itā€™s going to be some fun but tough games next year in November and December. Curious to see who that second home game will be. Both should be pretty good either way.

Those arenā€™t terrifying teams. Good challenges though.

How do they seed ACC/B1G challenge? Current projections or previous season record?

Dylan may be able to best answer, but to what Iā€™ve seen in the past, I feel like they do the best they can to match teams up based on current projections and where they played the year prior.

Fun to guess who they might play though. If I was a guessing man, Iā€™d assume weā€™re either @Syracuse, @Georgia Tech or @Wake Forest. If we get Bamba, or if Moe and DJ are back, I guess thereā€™s a chance they put us up against @UNC.

ESPN picks the games they want, loosely based on preseason projections.

2 Likes

Thanks. Not surprisingly the answer is money decides. I guess my mind wants a more clear guideline.

Four members of this yearā€™s Indiana University menā€™s basketball team will put their names in for the 2017 NBA Draft. Junior guards James Blackmon, Jr. and Robert Johnson and sophomore center Thomas Bryant will not hire an agent while sophomore forward O.G. Anunoby will hire representation and leave the program.

ā€œThese four young men all have unique talents and we support them in their decisions,ā€ said new IU Coach Archie Miller. ā€œWe congratulate O.G. and hope that James, Robert and Thomas can benefit from this and make the best decision that will have a lifelong impact. As the semester winds down, we will continue to help them in any way with our priority being they continue their commitment to their academics and all eventually become Indiana University graduates.ā€

Iā€™ll definitely be really curious to see what Blackmon and Bryant do. Now that Crean is gone I wonder if they decide to come back or give the draft a go.

1 Like

Woof. If they get just one of Bridges, McCoy, Bowen, or Smith (but Smith to a lesser degree), they must be considered the favorites, next year. Itā€™d be so frustrating, if we lose one (or both) of Mo or DJ, and Izzo keeps Bridges, a surefire lottery pick.

Iā€™m imagining Bridges Jackson Ward vs. Wilson Wagner Bamba frontcourt battlesā€¦

1 Like

lol. Donā€™t know what you do at that point other than assume Izzo makes players take a blood oath when they get to campus about staying as long as possible.

2 Likes

Reaction when a lotto pick opts to return to school: man I really hope they donā€™t get hurt.

Hate to see the OG Anunoby type of situation.

4 Likes

ā€¦or Caris LeVert situation

Thatā€™s fair although Iā€™m not sure Caris ever really was projected as a top-15ish pick. After his sophomore year seemed to be more of a fringe first rounder.

Unreal. Izzo does it again

Potentially hot take: Bridges coming back could be a good thing for everyone else in the Big Ten. League really struggled with national reputation this year and having MSU as a top-5 team will help boost the rest of the league.

1 Like