Big Ten Discussion

Quick google search came up empty on the Wisconsin injury, but was littered with 2015/2016 headlines :pensive:

OG is “out indefinitely”

Maryland with 29 points in the first 10 minutes @Iowa. Looking pretty legit

Nice break for MSU. Wonder if Morgan will be back by Saturday.

Iowa grabs the lead with 4 minutes to go.

Man some of these homecourt whistles… Iowa -10 in fouls tonight, has been in the double bonus for awhile in the 2H

I didn’t watch, but it sounds like Iowa had a really poor shooting night, especially Jok. Why don’t teams have poor shooting nights against us? Defense or luck?

1 Like

Jok was really off, I think Seth Davis tweeted that he looked like he was in pain late in the game, not sure though. They missed a lot of open looks though. Iowa shot 20% worse than Maryland from the floor and from three and yet somehow it was tied with 4 minutes to go.

Knowing our luck he is going by the Mike Krzyzewski definition of “indefinitely.”

4 Likes

Done for the year.

Wow, that really sucks for Indiana and OG, he always comes across as a great guy. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

1 Like

And it doesn’t impact his draft status.

1 Like

Except for its negative impact on Michigan, I really enjoyed watching OG play.

Nebraska missed last 17 shots of the first half at Rutgers

1 Like

Another late choke by Nebraska… The Nebrasketball magic is drying up a bit after the hot start. At least you know every game they play is going to be exciting.

2 Likes

How much of an impact has the injury to Nebraska’s Ed Morrow had?

BTW - Good luck today hosting Illinois.

Morrow injury was huge for them. He was really coming into his own.

That’s the way the cookie crumbles when you have no depth.

1 Like

I have yet to get to watch Northwestern’s 74-72 win today at Ohio State. I saw Ohio State left nine points, though, at the FT line going 12/23 from there. Ugh.

Reading player, coach and media comments afterwards it seems like something may be going on again internally. I’m uncertain, though, but it bears watching.

A goal of the Ohio State team was to go 3-1 in the games heading into it’s visit to Crisler on February 4th. Three wins in a row to accomplish that doesn’t seem likely.

An Ohio State loss to Northwestern in Columbus last occurred in February, 1977, when an excellent guard named Billy McKinney played for the Wildcats (he didn’t play, though, in that game). Billy McKinney = sort of a poor man’s Calvin Murphy.

Today’s loss again gave voice to those who would like to see Thad Matta relieved of his duties in Columbus. If Ohio State travels to Ann Arbor having struggled in these next three games it could be a real mess to watch the Scarlet and Gray try to function against the Maize and Blue and it’s fans.

Congrats on the Michigan win against Illinois yesterday!

4 Likes

What is the gist of the internal problems?

1 Like