Big Ten Discussion

A couple games I’ve got my eye on this week:

• Indiana at Penn State – Can Hoosiers win on the road? PSU has been very tough at home. IU needs wins quickly.
  • MSU at Indiana – Is MSU going to be a bubble team or keep pushing toward that 2nd tier of the Big Ten? Big stretch coming up with Purdue next on Tuesday.
  • Wisconsin at Minnesota – Minny has lost two in a row and then has to go to Columbus and host Maryland. Hot start could be turning into a losing streak quickly.
  • Ohio State at Nebraska; Northwestern at Ohio State – OSU got the needed win over MSU, can they string together a few more? These will both be tough.
  • Illinois at Michigan – Michigan needs to start defending home court, revenge game against Illinois.
1 Like

Ha! So it looks like OSU out-War Drilled the War Drill coach.

1 Like

Maybe so. Getting after every opportunity for a win within a possession was a Buckeye problem last season and has been a problem for periods of time this season.

Purdue is destroying Illinois at Mackey. Up 20+ midway through the second.

Home vs away for the Illini. Blown out at three really tough road venues, 2-1 at home.

Indiana blows a double digit lead late against penn state but Blackmon bails them out with a three at the buzzer. Really sloppy game both ways but the story of the game is Indiana losing anunoby to what looked like a bad non contact injury. Hopefully not too serious but his reaction tells me it is not good.

1 Like

No Juwan Morgan either. We play them next week and playing them Anunoby and Morgnan less would be nice

Also add Deron Davis to that. If those 3 are out for a decent amount of time Thomas Bryant will be the only big on scholarship available.

Looking forward to the Mo vs Bryant matchup. It was last year, in the B1G tournament going up against Bryant, that Mo first really showed what he could be, on offense. Im sure Bryant has improved since then too, though.

1 Like

Osu wins by one over Nebraska with last second layup. A week and a half ago osu was toast and Nebraska was a sleeper contender. Just never know how any of these games will go this year. Big ten might not have any great teams but the difference between the best team and the 13th team, has never been smaller. Still think Wisconsin and/or Purdue will separate from the field a bit but we could see a crazy amount of teams finish right around .500 this year.

All that coaching, all that practicing, and a guy falls down – ballgame.

I root for Bryant as his underclassmen high school he attended is a five minute walk up the street, I’d like to see him do well. When I saw him once this summer I told him I commend him for coming back to school as he needs seasoning but now he’s trapped. I feel like at this point he can’t come out. This draft is too stacked. Had he come last year he goes lottery imo all day in that weak class. This year I can’t see him going top 20 or even top 25, I feel like he’s gotta go junior year now. Caleb too.

As for his matchup with Wagner it could be trouble. You gotta think he’s at least as strong as happ Possibly more skilled as he can face up and shoot ( obviously not on block). Let’s hope Wagner out plays him enough or close enough so we can win.

After I saw our win I thought it was clear be nebraska sucked

Serious chance for us to win our next two games. Really need to beat the Illini and Hoosiers for any realistic chance of righting the season.

I hope we show a change. Our last 4 home games have been kind of rough. Too close with Furman, 3 points over Penn St, lost to Maryland, and 6 points over Nebraska.

Grab these two as wins and we’re right there at 14-7 (4-4) with 3 rivalry games in a row. I’d love some confidence going into Michigan State. And I’m excited to see our frontline vs. Indiana’s Bryant/OG who have gotten all the attention as NBA potential.

1 Like

Any word out there on the injury to OG’s knee?

Nothing out yet. I hope it’s not serious!

I hope it’s not either. I was watching and it didn’t look too good.

More importantly what about Derrick, he was hobbling last game.