2018 Recruiting Notes

Heard that Johns is a Michigan fan.

If the skill level/talent is good, I wouldn’t say no to plucking a kid right out of East Lansing.

Heard that Johns is a Michigan fan.

If the skill level/talent is good, I wouldn’t say no to plucking a kid right out of East Lansing.

Johns is a really intriguing prospect. I saw him 3 times last season and he improved on each occasion. He is an above average ball handler for his size, with potential to become an even better one. A real solid kid with loads of potential going forward. Our staff has known about him for at least 2-3 years. Remains to be seen how he progresses going forward.

Johns and Cobb.

Two elites.

Brother Kyle is at MSU.

Love Cohill. But he’s OSU bound.

Given the amount of PT that Kameron is getting, I doubt that the family connection is an advantage.

Hard to believe that offers will go out to this class in June, any early favourites to get an offer? Assuming Johns would be one, 17 and 18 are both so important.

Any other in staters who might be up for an offer in June, Thomas Kithier or Davion Williams?

Had a chance to see this kid last week. During warmups I thought the kid would be a goon to basically rebound and impose his size on the opponent…was absolutely shocked at his skill set and fluidity at that size. Obviously has a ton of work to do on his body…but his skills and fluidity at that size were unbelievable based on my initial expectations

1 Like

I know the kid is a freshman but there are games the whole team scores in the 20s. Absolutely plays some of the worst basketball competition around.

Matt you around these academy games too much. Most aren’t coached well at all

I can almost guarantee he won’t be getting an offer to Michigan.

1 Like

Competition was absolutely brutal…not much worse than Onstead though.

Onsted will at least some decent comp in regionals but your right not much out that way.

Brandon Johns gets all the midwest hype for 18 (I thinks he’s overrated), guy I came across from Cincy that I think will be special - Darius Bazley. Relative unknown, OSU has shown some prelim interest but he’s really flown under the radar at this point.

1 Like

That kids only a freshman?? We should be all over him right now. He is still growing, you can tell. Not overly quick, nice handles, used both hands in the video. His length is fantastic.

Sophomore (18)…I’ve been screaming that forever…JB should be on this kid while he’s under the radar. Looks like a poor mans Brandon Ingram

Lol still thought it was 15. I can understand why teams are monitoring. He still hasn’t grown into his body but the skill is all there.

I like the poor mans reference to Ingram. Similar to Ingram this kid can be a match up nightmare if used correctly

That spin move showed a bit of Wiggins in his Vaughan Secondary days. Just a bit, but whatever. Looks like a program changer. Definitely should be in on this kind of guy in the midwest – won’t want to play against him.

I would definitely want that guy but in 2 years all the big boys will be all over him

Figured I should dump it in here, since he is an 18 prospect. Kevin Easley (18/SF/Lawrence IN) scheduling an unofficial to UM subsequent to JB watching him last night (along with Ra Kdepi and Kris Wilkes). I’m a huge fan of Easley’s game.