2018 Recruiting Notes

Dang! GW must really like him to have called twice

I’m curious how these “calls” work? If the line’s busy at midnight, do they just leave a message? Or do they keep trying until they get through at maybe 3 a.m. and risk waking people up? Or are they just text messages or something.

2 Likes

It’s the first time any contact is allowed (text, Facebook, phone, Twitter, Snapchat, whatever). I assume most of the midnight contact is via text. I also think it is pretty insignificant who gets contacted at midnight. More of an assistant coach thing usually as well.

That makes sense – not necessarily literal calls but all forms of contact. Sort of the way we talk about watching “game film” when no actual celluloid has been used to record a college basketball game since at least 1980.

I’m sure there are some phone calls there, just with the current generation I’m thinking a text or DM generally sets up any phone call.

What is the rule for kids in different time zones? Is it midnight ET? So JB could call a kid in Cali at 9pm his time? Or does he have to wait til 3 am ET?

1 Like

4-star guard Tyler Herro heard from UM

1 Like
1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: 2018 - F - Brandon Johns (Offer)

Matt, any chance in your opinion that Carmody could commit during the visit?

I’m hoping that he gets an offer :slight_smile:

UM also reached out to Brandon Wade

Don’t think that will happen, but you never know when a kid visits what can happen. I will say this - most kids are not fans of the ‘I’m not begging/showing the love approach’, Carmody is the minority that does enjoy it. I’d say UM is in the top group along with ND, Purdue, and Pitt.