2018 Recruiting Notes

What is the rule for kids in different time zones? Is it midnight ET? So JB could call a kid in Cali at 9pm his time? Or does he have to wait til 3 am ET?

1 Like

4-star guard Tyler Herro heard from UM

1 Like
1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: 2018 - F - Brandon Johns (Offer)

Matt, any chance in your opinion that Carmody could commit during the visit?

I’m hoping that he gets an offer :slight_smile:

UM also reached out to Brandon Wade

Don’t think that will happen, but you never know when a kid visits what can happen. I will say this - most kids are not fans of the ‘I’m not begging/showing the love approach’, Carmody is the minority that does enjoy it. I’d say UM is in the top group along with ND, Purdue, and Pitt.

Thanks, Scout had a recent article that mentioned those 3 teams I think but was no mention at all of us.

Has anyone heard anything about Kevin Easley? Thought for sure he’d receive an offer today

This is the only thing I can find about who contacted him.

Also what will the class be made up of: PF, Wing and PG or 2?

Trust me, he certainly likes UM. Don’t care what Scout article said (no offense). Not saying he’s on the verge of committing, but no doubt legit interest.

Probably depends on how 2017 shakes out before we can say exactly what spots.

This is where the debate about too many versus too few offers gets interesting. By all accounts, Easley loves Michigan and might commit very promptly. However, by offering Johns today, it seems clear to me that he is the first priority among '18 forwards. How many forwards we take in '18 may well depend on how the class shakes out for '17, but it could be only one if we take three '17 forwards/bigger wings, or it might be more. Do you offer Easley before giving Johns some time and run the risk that he jumps on it and takes a spot we might rather give Johns or a '17 kid first crack at? Do you not offer and risk offending Easley and losing all? Do you offer both and take whomever commits first? How close are they in terms of our evaluations?

This is what I mean about putting together classes. There are a lot of moving pieces to consider and questions to answer.

1 Like