2017 Recruiting Notes

I don’t think someone like Dawson would be discouraged by X’s presence. He’s bigger and more athletic. He’d probably think he’d have a great shot at winning the starting PG spot. But he could also see time at the 2.

1 Like

I hope so. Would be a nice back court.

NBPA Top 100 Camp Roster
http://www.hoopseen.com/news/event/201606/2016-nba-top-100-camp-player-roster?utm_content=buffer0de68&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

1 Like
1 Like

I know some folks have criticized his game recently but I really like what he brings. Not sure if he’s really a PG – from more recent highlights looks more like a true SG. Glad to hear they are in contact. Would be great to get him in and offer.

I saw him live 10 days ago–he’s a true PG, and I say this as someone inherently skeptical of 6’6" guys with a handle who are gushed over as future PGs. He’s a fantastic facilitator. He can play some 2G, but he doesn’t shoot it nearly well enough to be a straight 2, especially alongside X, who is a decent, but not a great shooter, unless we’re playing shooters at the 3 and 4. He also doesn’t look to score as much as most 2Gs do–he looks to create for others. That said, he’s a very good player (mid 4* level) who would pair well with X at the PG position and give some minutes off the ball.

3 Likes

I remember liking eastern a lot but couldn’t picture him. Just watched. Still like him. Not sure what’s to not like plus he’s the combo guard we seek in the 17 class

Jaren Jackson made the final cut for USA U17, Nojel was cut.

Recent national take on Jaren Jackson

Jaren Jackson (No. 25) was one of the biggest risers of the spring – moving into five-star territory after being unranked before the EYBL season. “I’m getting credit for the good play,” Jackson said. “I’ve also improved my game a lot, my consistency and my shooting.” Texas and Kansas have jumped into the fray recently, joining a long list that includes Maryland, Michigan State, Michigan, Georgetown, Illinois, Notre Dame, Purdue, Xavier, Butler, Indiana, Pittsburgh, Alabama, Arkansas and Texas A&M. Jackson said he’s slowing down his recruitment because of the increased attention, but Texas, Michigan State, Michigan, Maryland and Notre Dame are heavily involved lately.

I really hope we can pull this one off. If we can somehow get Jackson, that would set us up for a lot of success in the '17-'18 season. Hopefully he takes note of the veterans we’ll have on the roster then. And hopefully Simpson proves a capable PG this season.

https://twitter.com/endless_motor/status/743085926629277698

I’m not getting my hopes up on that one.

Wait, what? Livers is a '17, right?

Thanks. Corrected. So much info coming in, errors more likely to happen today

1 Like

Isaiah Livers tentatively set to visit UM on June 21. Subject to change based on HS team camps, etc

Hey Matt d I’ve been waiting for you to pop back in. Who was the player at the pangos camp right after the Tillman video you posted? It automatically pops up. I’m dying to know who that pg is.

2018 PG Brandon Williams

Zack Dawson to Oklahoma State.

https://twitter.com/ZackD305/status/743147672618438656

welp, so much for that option. i was hopeful

1 Like

? Pretty early. Ok st? What the?