2017 Recruiting Notes

That’s what I thought. Just couldn’t tell. He’s sick.

Well, shoot

Talk about a quick trigger… wow

Yea kinda sucks.

Donnie Tillman not being ranked by most services as a top 100 is almost disrespectful to be honest. Everywhere the guy goes, he flat out produces. He’s going full beast mode so far at the NBA Top 100 Camp. 11.5ppg, 10reb per game, on 56% from the field at 1-2 from distance.

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/widgets/v1/player?eventid=74106&playerid=187579

So 4 sites have updated the rankings post-spring, ESPN, Scout, Hoopseen, Future 150. I know for a fact that Scout, Hoopseen, Future 150 have seen Cain live. All 3 of those sites have given Cain a significant rankings jump. Again, this is why 247 composite is pure garbage to me. If you factor in all recruiting/rankings sites, Cain’s composite looks much different, and even more of a discrepancy if you simply substitute Hoopseen/Future 150 for the NR on ESPN.

Great spring? I thought he was only a “decent prospect.” :wink:

1 Like

Don’t know if you’re kidding (I think so), but I’ve certainly been a Cain advocate for over a year. Not news to me that he’s legit

1 Like

I was responding to the Livers tweet several posts back. Should’ve quoted it to be clear.

Oh ok I got you. Perhaps you don’t remember, but I’m the one that originally brought Livers to the board and said we should give him a look at minimum. It turns out the staff agreed

I was referencing this recent post of yours:

“I think Isaiah Livers is a decent prospect, but there is simply no way in hell is superior to Jamal Cain.”

Here’s another one:

“I mean is Isaiah Livers the #76 composite while Jamal Cain is #196? That’s laughable”

I know you’re a big Cain fan, which played into these posts. But you’ve generally ranked Livers far below Cain (and Tillman, I believe). Haven’t really read you as such a big Livers fan or that you’ve been that impressed by his spring – until that tweet. I’m sure it’s tough balancing being forthright with your opinions and encouraging guys to give your site news and interviews.

I still do believe Cain is far superior. But you have to consider context - I consider Jamal to be a 60-80 prospect, so to say that he is superior to Livers isn’t indicative of Livers being sub-par. I personally think Livers is a 125-150 type. Good, solid, 4 year contributor type.

And Tillman? Just to round out those three. I guess sometimes in discussing who’s “better” or doing comparisons, it can get lost that someone still thinks pretty highly of the other player.

Donnie is clearly superior to Livers, I don’t think many would argue with that.

More praise on Donnie at NBA Top 100. I sound like a broken record, but give me Donnie at the 4 ahead of any of our other offers/prospects. He has what can’t be taught

Landing Jackson and Wilkes is a dream. If it were to happen, I think losing out on the others wouldn’t quite matter. Both of those players are elite and would be starting at the 3 and 4 from day 1.

Don’t think Huerter ever ended up making his visit (committed to Maryland) to get the offer, but definitely former targets. Future Big Ten players too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tillman article from NBPA camp

http://www.hoopseen.com/news/player/201606/nba-top-100-spotlight-donnie-tillman?utm_content=buffer6b884&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

You’re right. In my head I just assumed he would have gotten an offer as soon as he made it to campus.

1 Like

I know a lot of you guys are Scout fans (perhaps subscribers), but as I’ve mentioned before, I would strongly suggest that you not take information they put out with regard to Jamal too seriously. Whenever there is concrete news on Jamal, I’ll be sure to update you here. Contrary to what Snow says, X is certainly not ‘out of it’ in any way, shape or form.