2017 - G - Greg Elliott (Target)

The staff isn’t currently showing interest in Greg, and hasnt since the summer. The referenced Scout article is dated

Always nice to know who the staff actually targets and who some fans would prefer. Always makes for good future banter.

Anyone know if the staff is actively pursuing Cormac or Robby this winter? Or is it a case of our typical slow-down in recruiting mid-season? Just curious if the lack of contact with Greg is a true sign of where things stand regarding the interest.

Looks like Greg is rising up the board for others as well

1 Like

Matt, do you think if we were to offer Greg after the Bamba decision that we would have a real good chance to get him. I know it has been mentioned Michigan is his dream school.

If Michigan offered, I definitely think we would be seriously considered.

Thanks, hope Bamba makes his decision not long after the Duke visit so we can figure out what we will do with Donnal’s ship. Hate having to search high and low for a late add, assuming we aren’t getting the big guy.

I think Donnal is gone regardless of Bamba. We would still have 3 bigs without Donnal. Do not see much of a purpose for him especially since JB seems to like what he sees in Austin Davis.

2 Likes

There may be renewed interest in Greg Elliott very soon

Staff hear from Bamba, and they passed that on to Greg?

Nothing to do with Bamba. Commit freeze until Bamba formally accepts/declines, but nothing preventing interest

1 Like

That seems, to me, like the correct way to play it.
Also how we should have been recruiting when we took some of our players who have since transferred or underwhelmed. Hard to argue, “take depth guys early” when we’ve recently added Dawkins, MAAR late to similar effect. Plus the transfer market grows each year and is after many hs guys commit right?

1 Like

Greg Elliott just dropped 42 points…with Tom Izzo front row to watch.

Michigan staff took notice of that

2 Likes

Really hope it happens. His slashing ability, defense and overall upside would bring something unique at the guard slots.

Is Greg understanding of the freeze?

I should have more at some point soon

1 Like

If Brian Bowen heads to AZ, wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Greg get an MSU offer next week. Izzo doesn’t show up for no reason

1 Like

Is Bowen supposed to announce next week?

Is Elliot the same as DeJulius in that if Michigan offers this is the school he wants to be at?

A lot going on with Greg right now, he’s obviously blowing up, its a fluid situation, so I’m not going to answer that right now in fairness to him and the situation.

2 Likes