2017 - F - Jaren Jackson (Offer)

He definitely loves Michigan, at the very least.

If he could get just one of them, he would be the best recruiter on the ‘staff’

Selling them as trio would be pretty amazing. Not sure why Bowen would go to state. Bridges and Langford aren’t locks to leave.

Honestly not sure how kids don’t see that coach b is the best choice for development to get you to the nba for perimeter players. He should own izzo in recruiting for anyone with pro aspirations. Seems like common sense/ big part of the pitch. Let’s hope Poole shows them the light on this.

I think Bridges is widely considered a one and done. But I agree with you on JB>Izzo, when it comes to wing development

Interesting, let’s see if the chemistry works out between Poole, Bowen and Jackson.

Over on the scout site, I read that UM is still trying to get Jackson back for another visit.

1 Like

The best offers we have left for '17 are him and bowen, landing one of those would be huge. Poole is hopefully working on these two guys.

I’d take either in a heartbeat. Both can make an impact as freshman. Just thought I’d share that we are still trying with Jackson because it seemed we may have stopped recruiting him

1 Like

For sure we should take either one that is interested. Both are much more talented than any of our other offers currently and neither one seems to be a one and done at this point, so getting them for 2 years at a minimum would be huge. Thanks for the update

Jackson’s recruitment still cloudy, but he just visited Purdue and MSU.

“I don’t know. I really schedule them on short notice because I don’t know when I’m going to be available to take them. I’m taking it day by day and I feel like if I need to see a school or want to visit, I will,” he said. “I’m not cutting my list. I know a lot of people cut it publicly, but I’m not going to do that. I could actually commit at any time. It could be in the spring, or it could be tomorrow. It just depends.”

Fingers crossed for Gtown. This one hurts, kind of like Leaf, just because he’s so obviously a perfect fit for us, being the truest, best JB 4 in his tenure. I guess a lot of teams could say that, though.

Yeah I really don’t want him in the Big Ten.

All things point to MSU.

Jaren to MSU

Well, frick

Poole told me quite some time ago that this was happening, and he informed the staff of the same. Hence my comment about moving on from unrealistic targets. This is what it was about, nothing to do with Jamal.

Any murmurs on how this affects Bowen? I know he’s been considered an MSU lean who is probably waiting on a Kentucky offer, just wondering if Jackson changes things.

Read between the lines on my Poole comment…if he’s informed the staff on Jackson, what do you think that translates to for Bowen?

No offense to some people here, I understand the optimistic approach, but you guys would be well served to stop listening to some folks around here.