2017-18 Bracketology

Miami and Oklahoma both lose at home this afternoon. Certainly helps michigans chances of moving up seed lines.

1 Like

Oklahoma is overrated. Iā€™m disgusted their considered a higher seed than us. Thereā€™s no doubt in my mind weā€™d mash them up along with most of these overrated big 12 schools.

1 Like

The best part of the Texas win is it looks very likely that will remain a quadrant 1 win for us. If they steal a game on the road down the stretch we should feel good about that W. May end up saving us from a seeding standpoint.

Hopefully, we pick up 2 wins down the stretch ourselves and beat Nebraska in BTT. That should get us off the 8-9 line.

1 Like

Big win for LSU against Mizzou. Needed that to keep them in safe range inside the top 100.

3 Likes

Not sure how much road losses move the needle, but Texas A&M, Tennessee, and West Virginia also all lost, but on the road.

This is exactly where Iā€™m at. I think 2 out 3, plus revenge over Nebraska, can include us as part of the 5/6 seed conversation. Anything less, and we should expect a 7-11 seed. B1G is probably going to be under-seeded this year, no?

This game today will tell us a lot about the trajectory of our teamā€¦Iā€™m on pins and needles! Go Blue!

If we can win one of our last three, weā€™ll be doing well, and if I had to pick, it would be todayā€™s game. Thatā€™ll do the most to boost our resume.

Regardless, itā€™s pretty much guaranteed that on Selection Sunday, this fanbase will be outraged because MSU got such a high seed and is in the easiest bracket, and because we got seeded too low and have the toughest draw possible.

2 Likes

ā€œWe think theyā€™re already in the tournament, but this win really helpsā€. Weā€™re ranked #22 in the country how on earth is that something acceptable to say as we beat Ohio State down the stretch

3 Likes

Itā€™s because we recognize that the committee is made up of a bunch of confused old men.

Weā€™re definitely in the field now, at any rate.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it was inconceivable for us to miss the tournament if we had lost out. Our bracket metrics arenā€™t as good as our ranking. This completely locks it up now though.

3 Likes

Because the ranking doesnā€™t mean anything and Michigan was a little light on quality wins.

Being ranked would imply thereā€™s roughly 21 teams better than Michigan in the country. 36 at-large teams will make the field. Find me the last ranked team that didnā€™t qualify.

To imply during a double digit win against a top 10 team that thereā€™s even a slight chance that Michigan would miss the tournament is ridiculous unless the conclusion was ā€œthis is clearly a tournament teamā€, which is not what was said.

I think the argument worth making was ā€œwere we a tournament team, at the time, before the OSU win?ā€ which is obviously a yes, versus ā€œare we guaranteed to be a tournament team, regardless of our future record?ā€ which was up for debate, if we were to lose out.

But to suggest that we werent currently a tournament team, before the OSU game, was pretty absurd.

2 Likes
2 Likes

So twice in fifteen years. But still, touchƩ haha

2 Likes

When I read your post, I knew it had happened somewhat recently haha

Michigan has a really great shot here to turn its resume from average to great over the final week though. Win these two games and suddenly you are looking at a top-20 RPI and 5 Q1 wins.

10 Likes

Going into these final 5 games of the regular season, I thought we would probably go 2-3. Since we are already 3-0, they have out performed my expectations. A split this week would be great.

2 Likes

I would love to be slotted to play Cincinnati in the second round. They seem wildly overrated right now. In a bracket with them as a 2 or 3 seed and us as a 6 or 7, would be a very promising path to the second weekend.

6 Likes

Latest Lunardi bracket has Michigan as a 5.

6 Likes