2016/17 Commitment Updates

I know you think Garavaglia was most overrated, but I don’t recall him being rated very highly as a recruit. Was he?

Dane Fife was pretty overrated.

Williams was the best of the bunch, but I think he blew out his knee in high school if I recall correctly. He lost a step after that.

When I say overated I mean not very good. I should clarify that.

2 Words for overrated…Dion Harris. Kid was slow as hell at Redford with no handle…had a decent shot though.

So agree on Harris!! So slow.

Dane Fife did start on a final four team. But I get what you are saying.

Mr. Basketball really fell off in the 2000s, relative to what it used to be.

1 Like

Agree on 90s PSL, Mo Taylor and Robert Traylor were absolute beasts to play against

EMU’s team camp was a sight to see/play in the 90s

Played there twice. Battle Creek Central had some big boys too. Great camp

From a physical standpoint, there was literally no stopping Rob Traylor on a basketball court…he simply imposed his will and you went along for the ride. He would play basketball on his street (Cloverlawn) and his athletic ability at that size was so unreal

Agree on Traylor. Someone that big should not have feet that quick and nimble. The term gets overused, but he really was a freak.

Played against him in operation friendship game at Calihan. He decided in the fourth quarter he would take over and had 4 dunks in about 3 min span. Basket support shook every time

I’ll put it this way…I tried to steal the ball from Rob as a helpside defender when the ball entered the post, and that was the one and only attempt.

If he already had the ball you were already too late…you were a brave youngster Matt

Wasn’t brave for long. I prided myself on being tougher than the opponent…but Traylor’s elbow/chest was a bit discouraging if you catch my drift.

We had a team rule that you don’t get dunked on no matter what it took. Traylor was an exception to that rule. Was just too strong.

Robert Traylor is the only player I’ve ever matched up with where I actually worried about my physical well being…lol. I’m not one to back down under any circumstance in general…but Rob can be quite the deterrent in that regard.

Albert White. What a waste of talent.

Agreed. I long for the day UM has someone who throws it down on someone then looks at them as if to say…you thought you could do something to stop that?!?

Chez an absolute stud! And you’re right what a waste.