M. Wagner

What is the latest news on him:
When is he going to sign his National Letter of Intent?
When does he plan on coming to Ann Arbor?

Latest news? He plans on going to Michigan
NLI? Probably waiting for UM admissions to clear him, then he’ll sign.
Arrive in America? Probably wants to camp with sanderson, but he can’t say, because he hasn’t signed his NLI, and beilein can’t say… because he hasn’t signed his NLI.

You’re just going to have to play the waiting game like the rest of us.

He’s still in the middle of the playoffs with his Alba youth team. He also needs to pass the TOEFL.

Alba Berlin lost at Weser Ems (72/70) despite of great Moritz Wagner ('97,6'9") with 23pt&7rb @dieNBBL playoff pic.twitter.com/UsEl1jW9t4

— NBGENERATION (@nb_generation) May 2, 2015

Yep, believe it’s a best out of three series so not eliminated yet.

Four stars at Scout http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1544112-scout-s-final-2015-top-100?utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_medium=HootSuitePost&utm_campaign=HootSuite

Great. Not surprising.

Worth noting that they don’t rank foreign prospects, just assign stars. Which I approve of. I don’t like phrases where such and such foreign player is about “top XX” according to certain folks, since the people who compile the rankings are totally different from those who look at foreign prospects.

So Brown was #1 when he was a UM lean, he commits to California and drops 3 places. Just saying.

He was #4 on ESPN already

I have no idea what kind of player Wagner will be, but I imagine the 4-star rating is essentially a bet-hedging exercise by the rating service in the off chance that he blows up. Let’s hope that he does. However, if he doesn’t, let’s not hide behind the respectable star-rating to deflect valid recruiting criticisms.

I noticed that Corey Sanders was outside the top 100.

I noticed that Corey Sanders was outside the top 100.

Me too, which is ludicrous considering he routinely makes fools out of kids ranked much higher.

breaking ankles = top 25 ranking

Based on the final Scout 100 linked by Dylan above, here’s a breakdown of the rankings of the Top 100 recruits that are bound for Big Ten schools in 2015:

Maryland - #6
MSU - #13, #34, #82
Indiana - #28, #96
Illinois - #40, #44
OSU - #46, #53, #56, #89
Wisconsin - #57
Nebraska - #80

Based on the final Scout 100 linked by Dylan above, here's a breakdown of the rankings of the Top 100 recruits that are bound for Big Ten schools in 2015:

Maryland - #6
MSU - #13, #34, #82
Indiana - #28, #96
Illinois - #40, #44
OSU - #46, #53, #56, #89
Wisconsin - #57
Nebraska - #80

I guess Wagner counts as a top 100 guy, but still that list says a lot about the state of our recruiting compared to the top teams in the league.

I guess Wagner counts as a top 100 guy, but still that list says a lot about the state of our recruiting compared to the top teams in the league.

I don’t think it says all that much. It was always going to be a smaller class. Call it a mistake if you want (we know what MattD thinks) but we proactively declined the opportunity to continue recruiting one top 40 recruit in favor of Robinson, and the other is a four star to Scout and top 20-40 to Rivals. In other words, the only classes that are “better” numerically from the above list are Maryland and MSU’s. And Maryland’s is one guy for which we know the extenuating circumstances (Under Armour).

I don’t think it says all that much. It was always going to be a smaller class. Call it a mistake if you want (we know what MattD thinks) but we proactively declined the opportunity to continue recruiting one top 40 recruit in favor of Robinson, and the other is a four star to Scout and top 20-40 to Rivals. In other words, the only classes that are “better” numerically from the above list are Maryland and MSU’s. And Maryland’s is one guy for which we know the extenuating circumstances (Under Armour).

So wait, let me get this straight…because we ‘proactively’ chose Duncan Robinson over Jalen Coleman somehow equates to Robinson being a top 40 player from a quantitative standpoint, and further yet, that also equates to us having the third best numerical class in the B10?

Im at a loss for words

So wait, let me get this straight........because we 'proactively' chose Duncan Robinson over Jalen Coleman somehow equates to Robinson being a top 40 player from a quantitative standpoint, and further yet, that also equates to us having the third best numerical class in the B10?

Im at a loss for words

That’s not exactly what I meant, but I can see how it appears that way, so mea culpa. I’m saying Beilein chose him, so he’s happy with it. I’m not saying to equate it numerically per se, but simply that Beilein chose the composition we have as opposed to one that would have had “#40” next to Michigan’s name. That means something and should be considered alongside an emotional reaction to not having any “top 100” recruits this cycle.

You also didn’t mention Wagner, which again, is considered top 20-40 by another service. I know this breakdown is Scout’s, but I think it’s relevant info.

So is it fair to say your logic is - ‘if JB thinks he’s a top 40 player, then he must be’?