M. Wagner

So is it fair to say your logic is - 'if JB thinks he's a top 40 player, then he must be'?

My logic is “if JB prefers someone to a top 40 player, then I’m not going to sweat not landing the top 40 player that Beilein didn’t choose”.

To be perfectly fair, though, Beilein chose bird in hand rather than directly taking Robinson over Coleman. Perhaps he straight up preferred Robinson, we just don’t exactly know that.

Big difference between you ‘not sweating’ and equating Duncan Robinson to a top 40 player and a top 25 class because JB chose him. One is cautious optimism, the other is just flat out homerism.

I hate using the comparison, but I think its apt…

Dantonio and MSU football is probably a good guide for exactly how worked up we should get over numerical recruiting rankings.

Can’t wait to follow the Jalen Coleman vs. Duncan Robinson debate this season once they can actually play games :slight_smile:

Can't wait to follow the Jalen Coleman vs. Duncan Robinson debate this season once they can actually play games :-)

Yeah I’ll be hanging on every written word in these engrossing dialogues to come

So Wagner. This was about him at some point, right? What's the earliest he could enroll? He definitely needs some camp Sanderson.

Last I read he was still playing in the Euro playoffs and had not taken the English proficiency exam so I think is probably still weeks away if not more.

Yep, the NBBL (German youth league) playoffs are still going on so that’s his priority right now.

So Wagner. This was about him at some point, right? What’s the earliest he could enroll? He definitely needs some camp Sanderson.

So Wagner. This was about him at some point, right? What's the earliest he could enroll? He definitely needs some camp Sanderson.

Last I read he was still playing in the Euro playoffs and had not taken the English proficiency exam so I think is probably still weeks away if not more.

Moritz Wagner had 18 points in a 70-62 win to advance to the “Top 4” of the NBBL (German U19 league).

Here’s the story on Wagner’s most recent game. I am starting to wonder though if he will end up enrolling at Michigan. I don’t see him coming here to redshirt and I just don’t see a lot of minutes being available for him, unless he is a lot more college ready than previously thought. Another skinny forward looks pretty redundant on this roster. Not saying that I wouldn’t like to have him, just wondering about the fit given that he could just stay in Germany and probably get a lot more playing time.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/05/moritz_wagner_posts_18_points.html#incart_river

Here’s the story on Wagner’s most recent game. I am starting to wonder though if he will end up enrolling at Michigan. I don’t see him coming here to redshirt and I just don’t see a lot of minutes being available for him, unless he is a lot more college ready than previously thought. Another skinny forward looks pretty redundant on this roster. Not saying that I wouldn’t like to have him, just wondering about the fit given that he could just stay in Germany and probably get a lot more playing time.

Don’t see that as much of a concern… How much playing time is he going to get on the senior team? Seems like everyone is on board with him coming over.

I haven’t seen enough footage but it would be cool if he were an Aaron White type. Not another shooter but a fast lanky guy who dunks a lot in transition.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/05/moritz_wagner_posts_18_points.html#incart_river

Don’t see that as much of a concern… How much playing time is he going to get on the senior team? Seems like everyone is on board with him coming over.

Hope you are right. Will he be too old for the under 19 league next year?

I think he’s going to be more college ready than people are giving him credit for.

After re watching a few videos on him I am suddenly more optimistic about him. I am starting to believe he actually might be able to play for us this year and I like his prospects for the future. Although we have struck out on a lot of our big names, I am starting to believe that Beilein indeed does have this covered. Brown would have just been the icing on the cake.

I remember the post about him saying how excited he was to study and be a student again. So based off of that, I don’t think he would be opposed to being red-shirted if that is what the coaches decided. I just hope he does end up in Ann Arbor and plays for us for the next 4 years.

Wagner’s game today is streaming live here. He just picked up an early foul. I should hopefully be able to cut highlights/clips.

Pretty brutal half all around for Wagner and ALBA Berlin. Moe only played a few minutes with foul trouble and never really seemed to get involved. Had a couple of nice defensive plays, but Berlin is getting whooped by Bayern Munich.

Man, looks like a varsity team playing a JV team. Is Alba Berlin this bad?