Where Are They Now? Evaluation Revisited

To the people getting on Matt’s ass about not being more positive despite that game, it’s worth mentioning that he’s been consistent in this even when the results are the opposite. From after the first Illinois game:

1 Like

So much to say so little and more ad hominem. You don’t need to be in a profession to criticize someone in said profession btw…its a fallacy.

BTW I’ve acknowledged that character flaws and academics come into play but only a biased person would use it to explain away the incredible amount of misses in the 2014 cycle. A majority of the instate kids and top 100 guys were bad apples in 2014 and 2015 huh? And I don’t need to know what went into a decision if the decision making continually put out bad results like the 2014 cycle. I can take a pretty educated guess at what JB values and does not consider after seeing him recruit for a decade, however.

Replace Doyle with an instate big like Maten, Justin Tillman or Jaylen Johnson. Replace 1 of MAAR/Dawkins/DR with a high end wing/guard prospect and no one would complain. That is realistic to me. No one is asking for NO misses or all top 100 talent but people like you will defend errors and mediocrity instead of analyzing and improving the process.

JB is a great offensive coach who can identify talent but has his flaws that I hope improves.

Some of you provide next to nothing in terms of objective thought. There are a few homers to the extreme around these parts.

1 Like

Good god this thread got out of control.

Michigan swung high and missed on a ton of kids that it thought it could land in 2014. I don’t really get the point of this thread to re-hash every player from the 2014 class who is or isn’t playing well, and might or might not have been very or kind of interested in Michigan.

There are other successful college basketball players, some that are less successful. Many of them heard from Michigan at one point.

I don’t think anyone would argue that the 2014 class was a win… Chatman, Doyle, Dawkins all transferred out after two years. All weren’t very good. You can’t just sit and scream about every other player from the 2014 class though, that’s just ridiculous and counter productive. The point is that the guys Michigan took in that class weren’t great.

Michigan ‘evaluated’ fine, it just didn’t land anyone that it wanted in terms of first choices…

And yes – Michigan evaluates far more factors beyond on the country production than many schools. That’s not going to change under Beilein and is what it is.

3 Likes