Video: Christian Anderson U18 European Championship Highlights

Yeah, I think the general answer would be worse than any high-level US competition. Just as far as talent.

Obviously it is a different style of game, etc. There are also some teams who are very good at the very top, but not elite grassroots or anything like that as far as depth of talent.

1 Like

For what it’s worth the Serbian team that knocked Germany out had 2 17 year olds playing on senior Euroleague rosters last year

That’s good

3 Likes

Which Serbian kids are playing in Euroleague at 17?

1 Like

Topic, the MVP

Mitar something or other

2 Likes

Gotcha. Yeah, he played 8 mintues total in Euroleague. Mostly with the youth team and on loan it looks like.

Looks like he’s around the 12th-best player in Europe that year. Behind a lot of guys coming to play college this year (Vide, Fibleuil, Mara).

The best 15 players at the event are very good, the overall level is still well behind what you’d see here.

There aren’t 4+ guys that good on any one team. And there aren’t really any on any of the non Final Four-ish teams.

3 Likes

France coming with 1 of their top 5 is a bummer

1 Like

If he grows a few more inches all of questions wont matter imo

2 Likes

Why are all his PPP percentiles so low? I thought he was an efficient 3 pt shooter.

High usage role, small sample size and 7 games in 2 weeks. I wouldn’t read into the numbers there much at all.

He didn’t shoot it great from 3 (I think around 30 percent) but still took a lot and drew a ton of defensive attention.