Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Drummond got signed

1 Like

Didn’t Andre agree to a deal with Philly?

I’m guessing that ends the chances of the Wagner brothers staying together in Orlando. Franz is going to lose his roommate :confused:

I think starting Holland in the G League unless he’s much better than advertised is the way to go. Start with Harris and fontecchio on the court together.

Hopefully the new regime will actually make use of the G League as a development tool and get solid players that can run the main team’s plays. Weaver would just waste his two-way slots and this past year didn’t seem to have any interest in getting players with any upside (besides Johntay Porter.)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Michigan Players in the NBA

Love how this thread has morphed to ‘NBA Open Discussion’

Pretty curious what the Magic are doing at the 5. Bringing on KCP says “we’re serious about trying to compete” but Goga/Mo/Wendell at center is kind of the opposite. Goga finally finished at a non-abominable rate so the advanced metrics like him but eh. He’s a guy.

Such an odd team. Bunch of young guys who are ~league average and 3-4 years from now will probably be plus offensive players when the shooting finally comes but no obvious stars yet.

Untitled drawing - 2024-07-02T123439.446

2 Likes

Maybe we should start a separate thread?

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1808246137209643120?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg
Orlando is signing all the bigs

1 Like

With Wagner and Tillman going off the board today, Pistons are going to go from having all the centers to having no centers besides Duren. They really need to lean into Stewart at the 5.

1 Like

There are still some guys who could be a 3rd big out there, like Thomas Bryant and Javale McGee.

2 Likes

What is higher

The number of millions on this contract
Or the number of games he will play during its duration

I tend to think Carter is an ok starting center, and Goga is…not. But you don’t sign Goga and Mo to deals if you intend to keep Carter.

Really no idea how to figure out what kind of deal to give the guy unless there are some serious clauses around games played. Consider:

Jon Isaac

• 7 seasons since he’s been drafted
  • 5 seasons with min 1 game played
  • 4,550 minutes played in his career

Franz

• 3 seasons played
  • 7,375 minutes played

EDIT: oh right just to bug @telekinetic

EDIT 2: Regretting I didn’t put, like, Pooh Richardson and John Salley.

3 Likes

https://x.com/Betsycashmoney/status/1808326170556948924

2 Likes

That makes sense tho I’m still skeptical it’s such a screaming deal even w the cap going way up. Seems like fair-ish value for a guy who has never played 2,000 minutes in a single season.

He’s a very useful player when he’s healthy though. I was really hoping they’d give up on him and the Pistons could go after him.

1 Like

The issue obviously isn’t “how effective is he” though, so all these per minute models sort of ignore the elephant in the room

Also does Garrett Temple have a Udonis Haslem style understanding but with the NBA generally and not a specific team

Given how is career started I am shocked moe is still in the league and makes 10mil+ a year. Kind of figured he was getting good deals as a favor to franz but then I looked them up and he’s actually put up really good number the past few season for a backup big.

2 Likes