Pistons hiring John Beilein as Senior Advisor Player Development

6 Likes
3 Likes

I had a feeling this would happen (he was at a lot of games) and I think I said on another thread that I was hoping they’d bring in Beilein to help develop all the young players (esp since shooting is the main priority.)

1 Like

Wow this is great news. Very happy for Coach Beilein

6 Likes

If he’s happy I’m happy. On paper that sure sounds like a great idea if you’re a Pistons fan.

2 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

Sounds like a pretty ideal gig for him… but does this mean he is now an assistant for the first time!?!

9 Likes

He’s been Bob McKillop’s assistant

2 Likes

What does this job actually entail?

2 Likes
5 Likes

Maybe a dumb question but is James Edwards III the son of the former Piston player?

3 Likes

No, but that was my first thought too when he started covering the Pistons. :rofl:

4 Likes

JB to the Pistons. As a Michigan fan, I fully expect Juwan to the Celtics now. Ed Cooley will then use Warde for another contract extension and Mike White will be hired, causing @BigBoutros to explode.

9 Likes

I love this.

Random fact that was passed to me recently: Beilein turned down the Minnesota job during this cycle. So I think that shows just how picky he was. And probably demonstrates why he’s unlikely to coach college again.

7 Likes

what a stroke of luck for the irradiated cockroach Greg Gard. a Minnesota program under Beilein would have lapped Wisconsin.

14 Likes

Seems pretty common knowledge at this point that Beilein has quite an ego on him (not saying that’s bad), so not surprising that he wouldn’t take a job that’s clearly a step down from Michigan unless it was a perfect values/philosophy match. Really wish he would’ve ended up in the ACC or Big East so I could still watch him coach. Miss my OG basketball dad

4 Likes

‘irradiated cockroach Greg Gard’

hahahahahahahaha I can’t

3 Likes

Interesting, also the fact that they hired Ben Johnson makes me wonder what the budget was for that search, though.

6 Likes