NBA Playoffs Thread

You think if butler comes they could all take 25? I think they would do it. Batum is a very good overall player and that would be a great add but I like butler a lot. I think kd Russ jimmy could do a Miami and all take 20-25 since that undoubtedly would make them the favorite.

Butler has never had the big payday yet so I def think he wants his 25mill. KD might be willing to sacrifice if he stays with OKC. 2 years ago I thought it was a pipe dream, but Russ might be willing to come home in 17 with the Lakers. Most canā€™t see it now, but the future looks bright IMO. 3 straight top 10 picks that appear to be starter worthy at minimum on cheap contracts, Derozan likely headed there this year, and a serious upgrade at the HC spot. If the Lakers can somehow get to 40 wins next year, Russ could def take that group into contention

Yeah but I canā€™t see either one leaving. They are title contenders now and unless they go to San Antonio or golden state, them two together are as good, if not better, than any other duo. They need one more plus offensive player who can get shots and create for others to truly be elite I think. Roberson is nice but he doesnā€™t get his own shot or shots for others. Imagine if they had James harden, oh wait.

I could envision Russ leaving to be ā€˜the manā€™. Functionally he already is, but the media still loves KD more. Obviously he would be the guy in LA, in the entertainment capital of the world that happens to be his hometown

Thatā€™s the most likely scenario but I see them both staying. I think thatā€™s their best chance to win. A bit of an upgrade at shooting guard and theyā€™re right there. I see them winning tomorrow night anyway but they could go on a 4-5 year run at championships with plus a shooting guard. Golden state shot historically well and Russ/KD shot absolutely terribly and they almost pulled it out. I see both KD and Russ having big games and winning game 7.

Objectively they should both stay, but egos and money make that difficult at times. Iā€™m calling it now - OKC wins G7

1 Like

If Durant went to the Wizards that would be a great team. Heā€™d only have to worry about lebron every year for the next few years instead of the whole west. Even the wests bad teams have plenty of things to like/ build off. Itā€™s not going to ease up.

Those off you OKC fans that are inclined to make a wager once in awhile, must REALLY LOVE the Thunder +7 tonight.

I love it and Iā€™m not a thunder fan

Iā€™m def not a wagering man but I do love that line. OKC has proven winning in Oakland is not a problem

Great series. Hope we get a rematch this time next year.

Have to give GS credit, to come back from a 3-1 deficit vs a quality team like OKC is amazing. Truth is OKC outplayed them for large portions of the series, but the 3ball allowed GS to beat a superior team. Hats off to GS

How is OKC even remotely the superior team vs. GS, the team that set the all time records for wins in a season?

lol, I think that makes GS the ā€œsuperior teamā€

edit: FL_Wolve beat me to this by <1m :slight_smile:

Anyone who doesnā€™t understand the importance of shooting in modern basketball does so at his or her own peril.

And Westbrook, for as much as I like many things about him, deserves this long offseason to laugh at his sub 40% shooting and 4.5 TOs per game in the conference finals.

Superior team means that OKC outplayed GS for the majority of the series, whereas GS outplayed OKC for spurts where they got hot from deep. I donā€™t think anyone would deny that.

OKC is superior in every way than GS except scoring more points!

Of course its important, but its also a gimmick to the extent that outside shooting is generally not consistent within a game, let alone a string of games. To each his own, but I think understating rebounding in modern basketball is foolish.

As for Westbrook, the man had one of the greatest individual playoff series in NBA playoff history. Additionally, Curry averaged 4 TOs per game in the conference finals. The difference in Game 7, and the series, is Ibaka and Adams could not hit point blank layups, plain and simple. If they hit those layups, OKC is headed to the Finals.

If Roberson wasnā€™t a negative in the offensive end we are looking at a whole new team. He kills the flow on offense. Itā€™s brutal to air ball an uncontested 3.

I would absolutely deny that Oklahoma City is a better team than the defending champion, best record in NBA history team that just beat them in a seven game series.

Curry and Thompson BOTH set the record for individual most threes in a playoff seriesā€¦they were hot from deep for the majority of the series not just spurts.

Adams and Ibaka missing layups is not a good excuse for the loss when Speights, Bogut and Draymond all missed wide-open bunnies down the stretch.

Great series, hope KD stays in OKC and we get 3-4 more years of this