Michigan Non-Revenue Sports 2022-23 (and '24!)

Victory!!!

2 Likes

see, we can win close games!

2 Likes

6 Likes

two M wins on one screen

9 Likes

let’s go blue. heck yeah

1 Like

Go blue! Football and Hockey at least making up for basketball this year. Let’s see if the WBB team can keep this roll going to their sweet sixteen.

2 Likes

wow the Very Online Minnesotans hate Portillo’s guts. maybe he needs armed security like Brandon Miller

1 Like

are they only called minnetonka in bball?

2 Likes

Maybe if their POS nets weren’t held in place by toothpicks they wouldn’t have to complain. I really didn’t see anything shady. Pretty clean game, refs stayed out of the way, each team hit the posts a couple times. Fans will be fans.

1 Like

good catch sorry. Minnetonkans

I assume that missed offsides was beneficial to us? It was already 4–3 when I tuned in.

I am no expert, but I don’t see a missed call there at all. The puck was not being possessed by Michigan when it entered the zone and all players tagged up before we took control of the puck. Not to mention that by going off a MN skate it was technically them who brought it over the blue line. I don’t think it was a thing at all - you see guys tag up all the time when the puck is thrown into the offensive zone. I think it was just the MN coach seeing a tight play and taking a shot at a review.

Maybe someone smarter at hockey can correct me…but seemed like nothing.

2 Likes

That was my interpretation with my eyes, but I too am not an expert. I felt like the broadcast was doing a recap really quick and showed that replay over and over again as though they got it wrong.

2 Likes

They said something about it coming off a Gopher’s skate, so I just rolled with it being a fair call. I have no idea if that’s right or not, but it sounded good.

1 Like

Just saw at MGoBlog that Men’s Gymnastics won the B10 title today and Michigan’s heavyweight won the national title with a perfect season.

Only a Joey Baker toenail and missed goaltend from being a perfect sports day.

Edit…women win the B10 title in gymnastics too!

5 Likes

I am a hockey expert. it was the right call. the same thing happened in the nhl playoffs last year for Colorado. it’s just a really weird play so hockey fans aren’t using to seeing it and they assume it’s the wrong call, when in fact they’re just misinterpreting the rule

5 Likes

Is it the right call because it went off MN skate or just because everyone tagged up before we took possession in the zone?

1 Like

possession. the interpretation is that he basically didn’t possess the puck until it was already in the zone - before that, it was just bouncing around, it wasn’t “in his possession.” it’s definitely a weird play that hardly ever happens - when it happened last year I was really confused.

edit: the Minnesota skate probably helps in establishing that it wasn’t in possession

2 Likes

Warde did the right thing here:

5 Likes

This is good, right?

10 Likes