Michigan Non-Revenue Sports 2022-23 (and '24!)

Since the last thread had dates, I decided a new thread was in order. I’m currently watching the softball team get crushed (7-0) on ESPN+ vs. #5 Oklahoma State. The team is 5-2, and I believe did have a no-hitter in one of their games last week. Still, with a new Head Coach, nearly a whole new pitching staff, and several other new faces, I don’t think they’ve had that bad of a start.

1 Like

4 runs with two outs for the Wolverines! I busted out my Rally Lens. I’m not saying that it’s magic, but…

They’re also playing without Lexie Blair and Audrey LeClair today, at least in Game 1. They play Mississippi State later. The ol’ OSU/MSU double-header!

1 Like

Michigan bounces back in the night-cap, winning 5-4 over MSU. The game was scoreless until the bottom of the 3rd, when MSU took advantage of some bad fielding and had a 3-run HR. Michigan quickly bounced back with Keke Tholl’s 3rd HR of the weekend, later followed by a 2-out RBI single by Melina Livingston. Michigan later took a 4-3 lead, but gave up the tying run with a bases-loaded walk in the bottom of the 6th. However, freshman Maddie Erickson knocked in the go-ahead run with a single.

Lauren Derkowski went the whole way on the mound for the W…

One more game tomorrow, vs. 16th-ranked Duke.

The baseball team started their season this weekend. They won their first game yesterday, and have dropped the next two, including a game against Michigan State.

Being .500 in a very high level early season tournament is a good sign. Would be awesome to get one more win tomorrow against #19 duke. Dukes’ coach is a stud Michigan fans may remember well.

2 Likes

I didn’t really follow Michigan Softball in the early-2000’s, so I didn’t know about Marissa Young. I just read her bio, though. I was living out in LA back then, so my first real exposure was seeing the Championship team, since that made national TV.

I do also see that one of Duke’s assistant coaches is Sierra Romero’s sister, Sydney.

Give Adam Fantilli the Hobey Baker now! Dude has 4 goals in 2 nights and was the NCAA point leader heading into this weekend.

4 Likes

Congratulations to Mason Parris, who just won an NCAA championship in wrestling (Heavyweight class)!

3 Likes

Hockey just tied it up in the B1G championship game!

3 Likes

And now they lead!

4 Likes

Too much going on tonight! I have been mostly on the USA in the world baseball classic, but I need to flip to hockey it looks like.

1 Like

Almost took the lead

1 Like

Tied now. But Minnesota goalie really struggling with rebound control right now. Michigan has had a couple chances close to going in

Gotta tip your cap on that goal. Amazing stick work by Pitlick

1 Like

Michigan hockey had a review go it’s way! A miracle

3-3

Yeah, that was an incredible series of moves.

1 Like

4-3 Michigan!!!

3 Likes

The likeable Duke!

7 minutes to go. Minnesota gonna gave another flurry at some point. Stay on the offensive!