Maize Rage Expansion/Crisler Atmosphere

Yeah, I understand the atmosphere and have also been to games at Crisler for a long time. I just don’t think reconfiguring seats is going to change an entire fanbase’s behavior.

1 Like

Completely agree, but I do think students wrapping all the way around the court would make it better. Or at least behind both baskets, I never understood why they don’t go behind the other basket.

2 Likes

I am once again asking for you to shrink Crisler

5 Likes

They literally just shrunk Crisler with the reno. It’s one of the smallest arenas in the Big Ten.

1 Like

Hoops in Yost confirmed

5 Likes

Pathetic. We can go smaller. I want a Crisler with 25 seats

5 Likes

Doesn’t mean they shrunk it enough….

2 Likes

This has crossed my mind

I don’t think the size of the arena is the issue. We can sell the tickets. The problem is ticketholders not showing up.

6 Likes

25 patrons with extended pinkies paying top dollar. How exclusive.

5 Likes

As discussed here extensively, even when they show up they make zero noise. That’s a problem that I’m not sure has a solution.

1 Like

Put VIP ropes just before the escalators.

1 Like

I would agree with that. Thought the atmosphere was good for Seton Hall. After Minnesota I think some of the fans checked out. Not making excuses but not having a home game for well over a month can certainly hurt the interest of the casual fan because I do think every fan section is made up of casual fans. You will have some diehard fans, some big fans above the casuals but in order to have a great fan section you need it going year after year.

1 Like

It’s probably not. But you have to remember I am simply a pizza oven of hot takes. I don’t think before I post. What I want is a 7,000 seat Crisler that is hot and loud and intimidating. Never mind the logistics or financials. That is boring and not my job. Just make all the cool stuff happen as I demand it

12 Likes

We should sell tickets airline-style and overbook :wink:

1 Like

No one cares about college sports on either of the coasts (or outside of the US), where most of Michigan’s out of state students come from. College sports are only a big deal in the midwest and the south. It’s just a thing where if you grew up watching Michigan basketball or college hoops in general, you are going to be more passionate about it in college and the rest of your life. That is not the case for NYC or Cali people who are either pro fans or don’t care about sports.

Email from the University updating the masking policy. Relevant to this space:

“Effective March 14, 2022, masking will be optional in most indoor spaces on campus including in offices, residence halls and at athletic events.”

1 Like

Right after the season ends! I went from being meh about masks mostly for noise purposes to not caring since they didn’t seem to impact noise even close to as much as I thought to slightly caring again because I run hot and was sweating my a$$ off under it to not caring again because I bought a better mask. Then they finally cranked the Crisler AC after I shelled out the cash lol. Still, I fully understood the policy with them even if I am comfortable with the vax.

Ultimately, so many people had them hanging under the nose anyways that this doesn’t change much regarding the safety of people in the stadium. Those who wish to proceed with caution can obviously still do so. I’ll probably bring one next year regardless of whether I wear it the whole time in case I have another version of a dude next to me literally taking his mask off to cough every 10 minutes.

2 Likes

I’ve shared about it on the socials. One thing that could possibly help negotiations is promising a bigger representation at Women’s games. Only towards the end of the season was there any real turnout in those sections, and it still was about 1/3 the size of a normal Men’s game.

2 Likes

Moving the upper section to mid-court would probably help some.

1 Like