@Illinois Forum Thread

Aaaaaand “first three pointer of the year” for Nichols.

2 Likes

Well dang…

How can Mo look more lost on D? And he’s missed 2 bunnies

1 Like

Can’t watch tonight - how is MAAR scoring?

We need Bamba, bad.

Walton completely missed a beautiful back cut by Wilson 2 possessions ago. He HAS to have better awareness than that. It’s honestly shocking how awful his court vision is.

I think he sees it, but he’s afraid to throw the pass.

Like we were hoping he’d look

Hard takes and open 3s. Got fouled on a missed flush, but made the freethrows

1 Like

DJ would have so many lob dunks with Burke or Stauskas.

1 Like

He does have 4 assists already… but yeah, that was painfully open

1 Like

I could excuse Walton if he was just not gifted with the physical or basketball IQ gifts and was a bad point guard, but his effort out there is pathetic at times. This was apparent on defense against Maryland and really all year. Jogging on fast breaks, letting people blow by him, being too timid to pass it, etc. Of course as I type this he makes a fastbreak layup lol

Refs with tacky fouls against Illinois now… let the damn players play. The site just yelled at me for posting too much lol, this is why I don’t usually do game threads.

Wagner’s 0-2 with 0 rebounds, assists steals and blocks this half

LOL @ Mo standing on the low block all alone. No pass.

Wagner is having an awful game on both offense and defense.

1 Like

BS foul followed by a dumb frustration tech. This is the ugliest high-scoring game

Add on: how can they call that zone-infringment space thing on MAAR, and then not call Hill on that?

2 Likes

Dumb is correct. Cannot have that from your senior captain point guard. Still, he’s doing better than usual today.

Meanwhile, Walton and Irvin have not missed from the field yet and account for every single rebound and assist for the team except one Donnal rebound…

Nothing makes sense anymore