GRIII Made such a big mistake coming out too early

I get your point but the thing about that old narrative I have always wondered is how much time and attention are the NBA folks giving a fringe player on his 4th team in a year when they have so much else to work on for the regular rotation vs how much of the time they could spend with him would JB/etc have focused on the guy who would have been perhaps the best player on the team that year?

I get your point but the thing about that old narrative I have always wondered is how much time and attention are the NBA folks giving a fringe player on his 4th team in a year when they have so much else to work on for the regular rotation vs how much of the time they could spend with him would JB/etc have focused on the guy who would have been perhaps the best player on the team that year?

NBA Staffs are large. I’m willing to bet it’s close to 1-1 coach to player ratio. I’m assuming GR3 has access to any number of people on the staff at any time he wants them to work out in the gym. Where as in college, if GR3 wanted to work on his game right now, the best he could do is ask an athletic department work study student to rebound the ball for him.

It’s a world of difference.

Bottom line, GR3 was physically ready for the NBA. He chose the path of NBA coaching to develop his game. IMO, it was a smart move.

How does one get hired one of these NBA staffs, perchance?

Man, Dylan, if only someone had run the numbers as to how draft status and class year impact career longevity and then posted a link to your forum and begged you to read the darn thing. Just saying!

http://forum.umhoops.com/discussion/2133/posted-a-new-article-on-the-nba-draft