Game 9: Iowa at Michigan Open Thread

Anyone notice us hedging on screens when on defense like last year?

1 Like

Their lack of good 3 pt attempts has been huge. Our only lapse I can remember on that is when we let Bohannon get free (I was pretty much certain that was going in haha)

2 Likes

4 Likes

This is very reminiscent of the approach to beating Purdue w/Haas and Wisconsin w/Happ - we’re not going to double the big guy and free up a shooter. Letting Bohannon step into an open three was a bigger defensive breakdown than any of the defense against Garza.

4 Likes

Makes sense. Probably don’t want to use drop coverage against Iowa and let Garza get open 3’s.

1 Like

Guys I had a terrible flashback of all those bad half closeouts last year. And my memory doesn’t always serve me well, but I think we may have closed out several halves very well going into the break over the last couple weeks - Louisville not withstanding, of course.

Definitely agree. And now with a 12 point lead, it’s going to be awfully tough to get back in it without threes.

Did it three times in 2018 - @Purdue, @Maryland, vs Texas A&M in the Sweet 16.

And three more times in 2017 after that UCLA game - vs Nebraska, IU and MSU.

1 Like

2018 was late season stuff.

Dang Harry Potter came outta nowhere

2 Likes

Lane violation out of nowhere when a free throw was obviously short. I should have seen that coming from these refs. They seem to want to make every obscure call they can.

2 Likes

Harry Potter has a cleaner jump shot I bet

Wagner’s FT rate is spiking up

Franz really good at drawing fouls

Tim Brando is so bad at his job. It’s unbelievable

1 Like

Why has Iowa stopped posting up Garza?

Good pass to Teske

They hate winning

Looked like a clean steal to me

Really bad foul from Simpson. Obvious undercut.

1 Like