Game 5: Michigan vs. Providence Open Thread

Iggy has 15 and I legitimately feel like the refs cost him 10 more points on no-call fouls or that “charge”

EDIT: Iggy has 20 now

Beilein was yelling “is it red or black”?

1 Like

“because pool wasnt on either”

3 Likes

These refs are absolutely incompetent when it comes to loose ball rebounding fouls.

edit: just make that in general actually.

5 Likes

Those aren’t getting called in Big Ten play

3 Likes

Ugh, don’t want to watch our scrubs again. So ugly. Guess it’s good we can play them again :slight_smile:

Well there’s the first championship for this team this year.

1 Like

Sometimes Poole is out of control on dribble, but I really like his improved passing. :moneybag:

2 Likes

Glad Baird dropped the sleeves

Has Z been a catalyst? Can’t tell

Small sample here, but Johns looks a little more in control today. Looked confident in starting the break on his own after pulling in the defensive board.

3 Likes

I feel like 75% of Providence’s points this half have been from the FT line

2 Likes

He just needs some time.

I didn’t realize the name of this tournament was Air Force Reserve Championship

And we shoot 70% from the free throw line. I will take that for the year.

3 Likes

I thought it was Hall of Fame Tipoff or something

Yup, no rush with him. It’s a victory if he even makes it into the rotation this season. All of the 4s and 5s could come back next year, save for Iggy being a potential one-and-done, so Johns doesn’t have to contribute right away.

1 Like

That is the sort of thing that is in his wheelhouse though. He is a skilled and athletic wing. He looks horrible doing center things because it is not his thing. His picks are the worst I have ever seen. John’s as a center only makes sense if we look at his size. Because his is big.

Air Force Reserve Hall of Fame Tip Off Tournament Presented by Citi Bank

5 Likes

Isn’t it crazy when we win by 20, well it should have been 20 but… anyway we win by 19 and I’m screaming at the refs through the TV all day! Yep, that’s who I am. I’ve never seen a ref that I think is any good. For any of you who think I appear to be this rather mature 71 year old, you should watch a game with me…or ask my wife or my son what it’s like!:grinning:

2 Likes