Game 1: Bowling Green at Michigan Open Thread

Drake beating K St 72-63 with 1:10 to go.

Itā€™s finally time, after this long quarantine it almost doesnā€™t feel real, Go Blue!

Who thinks Livers will have at least 1 Slam either ally oop or transition.

3 Likes

Iā€™d hammer the over at 1! And hopefully much safer landings this year

1 Like

As the leader of the #HunterDickinsonHive, I feel obligated to say I am bummed heā€™s not starting.

My bet: he plays more minutes than Davis.

4 Likes

Iā€™d wait to see the minutes distribution after the game. Hunter will probably play more minutes, and even if he doesnā€™t, heā€™ll be starting soon.

1 Like

At least Michigan wonā€™t be too impacted by no fansā€¦ Crisler is a morgue for most games.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never really understood the ā€œdonā€™t start the better player but play him more minutesā€ thing. ā€œLet him watch the speed, get the game flow, etc.ā€ I guessā€¦idk. Iā€™d prefer to play the best players from the tip.

Yeah, to me it kinda makes sense only if itā€™s to ease freshman into the college game.

But also some energy players do better off the bench.

Probably more to do with the fact that its the first game, Austin is a captain, Hunter is a freshman, etc. I donā€™t think you are looking at it as ā€œletā€™s start Austin all year if we clearly think Hunter is betterā€

2 Likes

Didnā€™t last season start with a clock malfunction

4 Likes

Of course this is how our season starts :rofl:

1 Like

I just remember the 2nd half malfunction against App State.

1 Like

Davis with a early shoutout to the pod

13 Likes

This lineup looks incredibly stagnant offensively

I feel like theyā€™ve got a bunch of wide open looksā€¦

8 Likes

Theyā€™ve gotten like 3 or 4 wide open threes

4 Likes

Ball has been moving pretty well i feel. Just missing open shots.

1 Like

I think the offense has looked pretty decent. Just got overloaded on one side and were bailed out by a foul.