Franz Wagner is officially back, now what comes next?

I’m fairly confident Jeremy Woo does not know or does not recall Wagner fracturing his wrist early last season. A fairly significant event. I don’t put a whole lot of stock in his evaluation.

He has him pegged as a first-rounder next year, why is everyone acting like that was somehow a bad eval?

2 Likes

I’m not implying his evaluation is bad. I just have a hunch he’s not seen much of Franz Wagner but… he does have a draft board to put together.
For example, though I’m not sure I agree with your takes on Winston or Tillman, I give your opinion considerable weight because you’ve seen a lot of those guys, and I’ve read enough of your material to know you’ve done your homework

Because we’re Michigan fans

6 Likes

I think we dodged a bullet here. It’s a weak draft and every NBA team needs to add wings except maybe Boston and the Clippers. Wagner’s length and ability are NBA level. My guess is some team picking 25th or so will regret picking a more limited big man instead of just signing a cheap free agent to do that job for a couple years and drafting Wagner and “redshirting” him for a year and a half while he builds up strength and puts up good numbers in G league games.

He did what he did last season while being extremely weak and shooting poorly from 3 and both should improve in the coming years. I think he could have a huge year for us, we do have spacing in Livers (if he returns), Brooks, Smith and Johns and Brown if he plays and even guys like Williams and Dickinson might shoot it okay, but he’ll also be facing the best perimeter wing/forward defender most nights.

2 Likes

Niyo: Coming to America proved to be a wild trip for Michigan’s Franz Wagner

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/columnists/john-niyo/2020/09/07/niyo-coming-america-proved-wild-trip-michigans-franz-wagner/3456441001/