First practice today

Saw you mentioned Maar getting lost in the shuffle possibly I see your reasoning but I can promise you and everybody here that would be a mistake. He's to good not to see the floor. They need to find a way to get him out there

But that’s the problem, how does he get many meaningful minutes with Levert, Walton, and Spike gobbling up most of the minutes?

MAAR is great on defense, great in the open court, but can he handle the ball and pass effectively in the half-court?

I unfortunately share this view. I actually love what MAAR brought to the team last season, and see it as great experience. But you are talking about 3 of the most experienced players on the team playing the two spots MAAR makes sense at. Definitely want him to play, but I actually agree with Beilein in that on some level you have to give the guys playing confidence that they don’t have to be looking over their shoulder for that guy on the bench.

I don’t think that Walton, Spike or Caris have any confidence issues. The bottom line is whether Beilein thinks that giving MAAR minutes can help us in certain situations.

I could see MAAR playing a similar role to how Levert was used his freshman year. he was buried behind Burke, THJ, Stauskas, even Vogrich to some extent early on but once we burned his redshirt he was used situationally all the time defensively

I agree with the above comment that Rahkman will be used situationally, although I think he’s far ahead of where LeVert was as a freshman (if only due to his experience from last year). While LeVert should play the lion’s share of minutes at the two, I do think we see Rahkman on the floor more than we see the 2-PG lineup that JB has used in the past. While Walton and Albrecht are both tremendous floor generals, I think Rahk gives Michigan more at the SG spot than Albrecht does, especially against big, athletic teams.

How will Michigan shape up with the rest of the Big Ten? I know Michigan State will be good, expect a drop off from ohio state and Wisconsin, Indiana will be tough. Can you see a second place finish for us this year in the Big Ten?

Of course Maryland will be tough also. Still not entirely sold on Purdue or Wisconsin. On the other hand, nobody is really talking about OSU – but they have like 5 top-100 guys coming in this year, plus a few solid returnees in Tate/Loving/KBD. I think Michigan is deep enough to win the conference if everyone is healthy – but it won’t be easy!

I could see MAAR playing a similar role to how Levert was used his freshman year. he was buried behind Burke, THJ, Stauskas, even Vogrich to some extent early on but once we burned his redshirt he was used situationally all the time defensively

Don’t forget Caris watching from the bench in favor of Eso Akunne. Finally Coach Beilein decided Freshman Caris LeVert was more valuable than senior Eso Akunne