Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Derrick Walton Jr. had a solid 8 points and 9 assists in the Pistons last game.

4 Likes

Pistons beat the Bucks for the first time in forever. Took great shooting nights from Jackson and Bey, but the losing streak vs Milwaukee is over

6 Likes

ā€¦on the road no less. And the Bucks were on a 6-game winning streak.

It takes the Pistons out of the #1 draft slot but I canā€™t be upset about it. We needed a highlight win for such a rough season.

As long as they pick in the Top 4ā€¦

I mean, bottom 3 basically get an even odds for the #1 overall pick so a win doesnā€™t really hurt the Pistons. Just hurt them in the non-top 3 draft pick order. Itā€™s nice to see them beat the Bucks and Iā€™ll take that every time especially when they have Giannis, Middleton and Holiday playing. Cade was clutch at the end of the game which is important. Cade has become indisputably the go-to guy in the clutch.

1 Like

They have been fun to watch lately. Happy to see Ham playing a lot but still wondering why he wasnā€™t even in the rotation to start the year.

Their odds have remained the same but their slotting is different. Now, they can fall to #6 instead of #5.

I guess it all depends where you think the drop-off is regarding talent. Guys like Kendall Brown, Jaden Hardy, and Patrick Baldwin are projected around there.

They play at Charlotte tonight, then at Memphis tomorrow. I could see them sneaking an upset vs. the Hornets (Stew may be back tonight) but tomorrow is almost a sure loss. That sets up a battle with Orlando on Saturday. A big week, in terms of draft-slotting!

Marvin Bagley is headed to Detroit. I like the move, not much to give up for a lotto ticket.

3 Likes

Could be an expiring contract. Could be brought back for next season if he performs well and trade bait for next season. Curious what happens with Grant now, since heā€™s the best player known to be available now that the Harden-Simmons trade has happened.

I always get Marvin Bagley and Wendall Carter mixed up.

Same. I think Bagley is slightly betterā€¦more mobile, more shooting. But very similar #s.

Agree that it is a good pickup. Classic ā€˜2nd draftā€™ selection.

Was hoping heā€™d get moved but if they couldnā€™t get a good return, itā€™s better to keep him.

4 Likes

Eh, I think Bagley is bad but meh overall considering JJ, Lyles and 2 future 2nds arenā€™t much at all.

1 Like

Excited to see Cade Cunningham, Evan Mobley and Franz Wagner on a team together.

1 Like

Cade won the MVP and their team won the tournament. I enjoyed the new format, although I am still not in love with them including members of the G-League Ignite. If youā€™re going to include minor leaguers, I think it should be open to every member of the G-League.

With that said, I think Dyson Daniels probably helped his draft stock last night.

1 Like

Agree 100%.

1 Like

Pistons are now my number one team after the debacle by Howard.

I love watching Cade go right or left !

2 Likes

Once Cade gets used to NBA play and gets stronger he is going to be tough to handle. He just knows how to play basketball.

2 Likes