Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Fair point.

1 Like

Vitaly Potapenko time

1 Like

I seem to remember him as a physical player. We could use some more of that.

Guerschon Yabusele signed with the Sixers for 1 year and $2.5 mil. I think it’s a good fit and it’s obvious that he wants to get back into the NBA. He’s at a much better place now than 5 years ago and the Olympics performance certainly helped his stock.

The Sixers really don’t have a PF right now, definitely a good fit. He’s going to get a genuine shot at carving out a role.

https://x.com/CrumpledJumper/status/1825562596440957270

Make sense considering Horford was their primary big and is a threat to shoot 3s.

Anthony Edwards has things to say.

I stand with Ant. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I think it’s an immature comment overall. Bird had no skill? Isiah had no skill? Dr J had no skill? There are so many other players as well. In the Jordan era we also saw Reggie/Hakeem/David Robinson etc…

It was immature but considering how much older generation says similar things about current Gen guys it’s pretty funny to hear a young guy do it

6 Likes

I guess it goes both ways. Other sports don’t denigrate the older generation. I think the older group wants to remain relevant in regards to accolades and not to forget they created a path for the new generation.

Given how often people of Magic’s era sh*t on the last ten years, I think Ant is just giving the same energy back

1 Like

https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1828247679756886036?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

Ant says one thing about an era KG wasn’t even part of and he says something even dumber in response. Which is why idgaf that Ant said what he said

also a lot of Pistons fans won’t want to hear my early 2000s basketball takes :rofl:

1 Like

A player from MJ’s generation trying to play in today’s NBA would be like an Ivy League player trying to play in the Big Ten. #trolling

1 Like

MJ had a “legacy moment” of making like 6 wide open threes against Drexler… 90s stink!

Every intergenerational debate is silly. Every generation gets more skilled and more athletic. This is because of things done before them. If yesterday’s athletes had same access, they’d have looked alot different. It’s the same in almost every sport.

9 Likes

It was ugly basketball, but it was our ugly basketball!

4 Likes

It never fails to break my brain when I’m scrolling TikTok and get a 2004 Pistons-Nets playoff game where it’s 59-57 in the 4th quarter. I watched every single one of those games, just weird to see when most games are there in the 2nd/early 3rd now.

5 Likes

I won’t stand for Goin to Work slander!

If anyone bad mouths them I will throw a cup and instigate a brawl.

5 Likes