Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

That’s plenty good enough considering the strength of the draft class.

1 Like

Yeah I highly doubt he’ll be a top 15 guy but if he’s anywhere close to that he probably should have been the #1 pick in this draft

Yeah that’s not a diss. I think that’s probably a pretty typical 3rd or 4th best player in a draft class?

In a year where the draft was this busted, that seems like about as much as you could hope from picking in that slot.

This is a class where we’ll see a bunch of picks bust at a higher rate and probably 1-2 stars.

For the Pistons, I have far more confidence in Klintman being a long term NBA player than Holland. Holland obviously have higher upside, but have a much lower floor though.

I just think Reed’s steals are high level enough that as long as he’s paying attention defensively (not always the case at UK) he should dissuade too much reckless driving/turnstiling

I think he’ll mostly be fine there, with the upside of also making some plays

offensively he surprised me because he showed more ability get his own shot than I expected, but also passed worse? But overally I’m pretty bullish on him offensively. There’s a touch of DeMar Derozan to his offensive game?

1 Like

The Nets are trying to Capture the Flagg for sure!

https://x.com/ShamsCharania/status/1816583080590647387

1 Like

But only one where I bet on him. So he’s dead to me like SAG vs K st before him.

1 Like

“A chance to compete for a roster spot”

That’s like third degree of separation

1 Like

Paul Reed has not choked.

If they have an open tryout, you could say the same for Kilian and you and me!

I think they are talking about reed sheppard

Well that’s one or two degrees fewer than yours or mine!

It’s true, nobody gives me a chance to compete!

2 Likes

I know. I was just joking, but it does throw me off for a second every time I read it. People were also doing this in the Pistons Forum predraft thread.
How did he already become a First Name Guy? LeBron, Kobe, Isiah, Magic, and Reed!

1 Like

I mean Isaiah Thomas definitely had some good years for the kings and Celtics but I don’t know he’s a first name guy

He’s IT2 :grin:

In seriousness, I don’t know that game is always it

I’ve always called Russell Westbrook “Russ” and never once called Kevin Durant “Kevin” despite being objectively better

1 Like

Most anyone with a decent level of notoriety (or who plays for your favorite team) gets some moniker. You’ve probably called Kevin Durant “KD” or by his last name only. And Larry Bird was mostly called Bird. Larry did get used but was almost always paired with “Legend”.

Reed Sheppard isn’t a Piston (or for you a Bull), wasn’t a huge college star (he was a very good player but not thought to be the clear jewel of a lackluster draft) and didn’t have a spectacular tourney run (quite the opposite) so, at least for me, he doesn’t have clear first name recognition just yet and with the Pistons adding a Reed, that’s added a little more gray area. If people said his last name instead, I’d know who was being referred to.

“Bball Paul” should help prevent confusion.

1 Like