Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Guys Gary Trent is bad

Like yeah he’s good for the minimum I guess

He should be furious about losing KCP for nothing, I don’t know who else they could’ve brought in that would be close. Might not even be possible dealing picks. Which, do the Nuggets even have any?

Man, they reaaaaally need any of Braun, Watson, Tyson, Strawther, and Holmes to hit like, now.

Hmm.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/draftpow/status/1812495476496998598?s=46&t=pI3vfmsWTFNvkSEe6OFpuA

I think the Wizards and the Nets are in strong contention for being the worst team in the league. The Pistons will still be bad but they won’t be the worst team bad IMO. Hopefully, they can get somehow rewarded with a top 3 pick or even winning the “Lowering the Flagg” sweepstake!

1 Like

So Sarr still have a chance with his SL shooting split of 19.5% FG and 11.8% 3PFG? :crazy_face:

Holmes tore his Achilles so unfortunately that one probably isn’t happening

1 Like

Aren’t they saving the spot for Russ because Jokic wants Russ?

I guess Jokic, taking the mantle of Best Player in the World from Lebron, wants to duplicate the “being a horrible GM” part too.

(what problem do they have that Russ supposedly solves?)

The Nuggets have 5 conjoined problems, starting at the base:

1. Notoriously cheap ownership that will not spend to keep together a title contender.
  2. Despite that, massively overpaying Michael Porter, which then causes them to…
  3. Pray to god they can find cheap NBA finals-caliber rotation players (now a starter!) in the late first round/early second (I’m not at all convinced Braun is a starter), which then causes them to…
  4. Trade first rounders 3-5 years from now (when they’ll probably be at least mid-round picks) for late firsts/early seconds NOW as they try to find those guys, which means…
  5. They have no picks to bundle together to get a genuinely useful player (partly because genuinely useful players are more expensive than Christian Braun).
3 Likes

https://x.com/harrisonwind/status/1807837009332879410?s=46

Here is the take from Wind, who’s basically become a mouthpiece for the org this summer

Not sure I agree but he’s definitely better than Jalen Pickett who’s been awful in summer league. Right now some Nuggets fans want Trey Alexander as the night 1 backup PG

Yeah, Russ is a better backup PG than those guys, but if we’re discussing why they lost a playoff series and how they can improve from that, I don’t think “backup PG” is a major area given that Murray is going to play massive minutes, and if he can’t, you’re screwed anyway.

Just realized they’re almost literally gonna trade KCP for Westbrook. JFC.

yeah, my concern here is that Westbrook is also being seen as a 2, in part, next to Murray

and that strikes me as horriffic

Westbrook actually defended well this year, and still has his assets, but he can’t play off-ball offensively at this stage (and isn’t great on it, due to not being able to shoot at all)

1 Like

btw, it’s strange to me that nobody ever did a dive into Westbrook’s complete cratering as a shooter. He went from a high volume low accuracy three point shooter who was effective in mid-range and 80%+ at the line, to a low volume abyssal three point shooter whose mid range % dropped 100 points and ft% dropped 200

1 Like

We need a shooting coach on twitter to do a historical breakdown of Westbrook’s shooting mechanics. It’s insane that he went from money at the midrange and good at FT shooting to whatever he’s doing. He’s unplayable

genuine question: is there something I don’t understand about how some smart NBA guys use percentages, are you using points like baseball guys do to talk about average (which uses three digits to the right of the decimal rather than two to the left?), or do a number of his shots go in the wrong basket

3 Likes

can really tell when somebody’s never set the overnight rate at a central bank before

1 Like

Yeah I’m doing batting average

1 Like

are you a big bips guy

Think you called my bluff here not sure I know what you mean by “bips” if that’s not “basis points”

It’s basis points (I work with someone who always speaks on basis points (he says bips) and I keep yelling at him to just say percents