Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Who is Nate Will

1 Like

Folks on this board seem to think Stewart is a versatile stretch 5 who can switch and protect the rim. Thereā€™s not a team in the league that couldnā€™t use thatā€¦but the Pistons canā€™t?

Bobi Klintman better than Ron Holland!! Pistons are so back

Wouldnā€™t shock me if Bobi gets more minutes than Holland. Heā€™s closer to being ready to be a contributor than Holland mainly because he can shoot, be a connector, and play decent defense. I think Holland is a project and shouldnā€™t be rushed to play right away in the NBA.

2 Likes

Seems like every analyst has their version of this rn

https://x.com/Sam_Vecenie/status/1813310401754669220

Maybe theyā€™re right! But suspect itā€™s part of a broader movement in the league. Something like (1) take the new CBA seriously (2) take the impact metrics seriously (3) be aware that all 5 starters need to be better than league average if youā€™re trying to get real about building a contender.

Getting Delon Wright, Trent Jr and Taurean Prince on minimums is pretty good for a 2nd apron team.

1 Like

Yeah, probably about the best they could hope for.

I mean, I donā€™t think Trent is a minumum player, but to Colinā€™s point the new financial reality of the NBA can sort of mean the last guys without a chair to sit in when the music stops are in trouble.

I also think his points and accuracy, while they are what they are, overstate his value - heā€™s a poor defender, and despite the three point stroke heā€™s considerably below average in true shooting, mostly because he canā€™t score inside the arc. Heā€™s also below average offensively since he canā€™t dribble or pass. Heā€™s an offense-only player whose teams have historically been worse offensively when he plays.

Again, for the minimum, sure - but these seems like a re-skin of last yearā€™s Malik Beasley move.

10% lower than league average FG%
15% lower than league average 2FG%
7% over league average 3FG%
3% under average eFG%
2% under average FT%
54% under average FT attempt rate
35% over average 3p attempt rate
6% under averaged TS

Was it his dad who was referred to as The Shaq of the MAC?

Yes

Gary Jr. also was offered $60 mil over four years by the Raptors and turned it down

Whoops!

1 Like

Buzelis looks good so far.

Holland has a ways to go

Iā€™m just joking around. Years ago (2017-18) a lot of good players came out of Rochester , New York and I was dying to get one or all of them to Michigan.

His real name is Jeenathan Williams but heā€™s going by Nate now. I still bring him up every six months ( more lately now since itā€™s summer league) or so. Thereā€™s no trade they were just playing Detroit yesterday.

5 Likes

He got a minimum? Always liked Trent. Kind of surprised there wasnā€™t a bit more interest even after struggling the last couple years .

Rough shooting day, but Smith Jr feels like he could at least turn into a Monk/Crawford type off the bench as he ages .

Maybe he starts someday but he has the chops to be a nice scorer off the bench.

The thing about Buzelis is that heā€™s not remotely what youā€™d think he is by looking at his frame

Canā€™t shoot, serious vertical athlete

Yeah itā€™s been weird to see what heā€™s done in GLI and SL bc I thought I knew what he was as a HS recruit.

Some of the BaB commenters were weirdly way out on him bc they didnā€™t think he had any star equity. Which, itā€™s the 11th pick? What do you think is left? But also I think whether he works or not itā€™s already obvious thatā€™s false. Even if heā€™s probably only ever an average shooter I think he does a lot of other stuff that he can really be a box score stuffer if it all goes right. Really like how, letā€™s say, assertive? he is

Also, goes to show you donā€™t need to be right that many times before youā€™re back on track. If AK nails Giddey and Buzelis theyā€™ve got a young core to work with. Hard to be THAT incompetent in the NBA.

Heā€™s a really weird player, I think. Like one of his best qualities seems to be helpside rim protection, but is also a poor 1 on 1 defender

Heā€™s like a 4.5 defensively (but canā€™t rebound) and a non shooting three offensively

Itā€™s weird!

There is a hole to punch in like every comp

But a combo of like Lamar Odom and Toni Kukoc?

1 Like

Sarr went 0/15 with 0/7 at 3 pt tonight. Ouch

1 Like

You donā€™t think he can be a 1v1 defender when heā€™s not taking like half his teamā€™s shots? Heā€™s def getting his stocks at least. Heā€™s seemingly not a passer at all so I think a lot of the offense is gonna look pretty different in the fall.

Heā€™s a lot springier than either of those guys. I donā€™t really have a comp for him at the moment. Shaun Marion? I donā€™t know.

As for Holland: he needs to get stronger.

1 Like

nuggets should of been all over this one, if jokic was like any other nba mega star heā€™d be having a fit about nuggets off season thus far