Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Tbf, if you’re the owner and you’re willing to eat the money why are you giving your GM the “oh it’s not my coach” fallback excuse?

Because every GM in the business gets that ripcord

Passing is the thing he does

He can’t shoot or defend

Again, we don’t need to ask “what does he look like on a good team?” - we saw it. He played like 10-12 minutes once OKC was done shopping him for an off-season deal.

I’d also argue that there is a difference between a good scout and a good value play.

For instance - I think hindsight would say that the Bulls were right to value DeMar DeRozan a few years ago ….hes been great. Did they need to deal two first round picks and pay him $5+ mil more than the next suitor?

Maybe the scout on Giddey is right (I don’t think it is, but I work in hotels), but the value play almost certainly isn’t.

2500 people showing up for Langdon intro. Nice to see there are still fans.

Yeah I think separating “what can Giddey be” from “what would a genuine auction for Caruso have yielded compared to a reasonable estimate of what Giddey is” is crucial for the analysis. On the latter I’ve only seen one guy I regard as credible defend AK.

On the former…I dk. I wonder how bad he really is on D. Eye test folks are very pessimistic. Metrics less so. They may be saying basically the same thing once you calibrate eye test folks properly, I dk. But it seems like he might be able to take on a lot more primary creation. On a team with a more capable front office I’d be pretty intrigued.

Seems like one thing for sure that you want for him is a 5 that has some serious roll gravity.

Overall, I have a hard time with folks who are super low on Giddey tho, he’s only 21 and has been an effective NBA player already. That usually means good things by the time he’s 25.

1 Like

https://x.com/KoryEWoods/status/1804269555402891579?s=19

Tobias Harris incoming!!!

The messaging is just so incoherent. You said you were hiring someone and going to leave the decisions to them, so the right answer to that question is go ask Langdon. I’m glad weaver is gone and I’m glad Monty is gone but that doesn’t make this a better run team. I’m hopeful for Langdon but success appears to be something that will still happen in spite of ownership.

1 Like

Hacked by Caleb Love’s girlfriend

I watched some of the press conference. I was embarrassed for Gores every time he spoke. Maybe it’s because I just finished watching that Elizabeth Holmes show but that man did not instill confidence in me.

1 Like

Is he talking about…Joe Harris? there?

Pretty much. And Monte Morris to.a lesser extent.

Marvin Bagley got hurt a lot as well.

I thought Langdon represented himself well but Wojo was the MVP of the day with his question, and this:
https://x.com/bobwojnowski/status/1804249856971804784

5 Likes

what was the question?

Who do you guys want?

Hopeful? Risacher.
Realistically? Probably Cody Williams.

Just not excited about the draft overall and I won’t be mad about the perceived reach if it’s the right player who can play with Cade.

Buzelis has been linked to the Pistons for a long time and it still hasn’t changed since Langdon was hired. I wonder if it’s a smokescreen to get a player that Langdon liked.

My hope is that they’re able to trade down and get another pick. If they end up with a two late lottery picks, I woulldn’t mind seeing them take Topic. He might have some value as a trade piece when he gets healthy.

Cavs hiring Atkinson. Good hire.

I hope the Pistons doesn’t hire Borrego or Bickerstaff.

Glad Atkinson is getting another gig. Those pre-Durant/Kyrie feisty Nets teams w Caris etc. were fun and they played attractive basketball. Thought he got a raw deal tho maybe he was saved a ton of heartburn not having to coach that debacle of a team.

If these guys are there, I’d like:

1. Castle
    1a) Clingan
  2. Buzelis
  3. Sheppard
  4. Williams

EDIT: So weird. I put a 3 by Buzelis but when I entered it, it shows up as a 2. I guess the 1a thing is throwing things off.

I’d also be fine with a trade if 1 or 1a are off the board.