Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

I’m not starting a Bulls thread but I can tell you that watching Derrick Jones (the gloriously nicknamed “Airplane Mode”) play very well in a 25 minute role for the Mavs has me thinking back to watching him be very good for The Bulls when guys were hurt and Billy Donovan utterly refusing to give him a rotation role, playing PAW instead

2 Likes

who will be the first to tell me what to think of trajan langdon?

1 Like

The Alaskan Assassin

2 Likes

Well, he’s a dukie

He was also a client of Arn Tellem

So

Again, the pattern holds

3 Likes

great. will check back in with the pistons in three to five years

3 Likes

Man the full Reinsdorf. Grim stuff

We love Iowa State guys!

He seems like a decent hire but we’ll see when the rubber hits the road.

Obviously, everyone Art Tellem knows can’t be an incompetent

But “used to pay Arn Tellem 15%” is probably not a good primary way to vet candidates

2 Likes

I think Langdon did well. Acquired Trey Murphy in a draft day deal. Herb Jones 2nd rounder. Traded for JV and McCollum. Drafted Zion but… he hasn’t been healthy. Brought in Jose Alvarado and i like him. If he has the autonomy to fire Weaver great.

2 Likes

Arn was a good agent. I don’t know how much of the blame he should get for how the Pistons have been since he got there but I feel like at least some of it should go his way.

Sounds like Monty’s firing is on the table, and I hope Langdon fires him and yeet him out of Detroit. What Monty has done is a textbook of never hiring a coach who doesn’t want to coach, but you have to overpay massively to get him to say yes.

If the Pistons can find a way to trade down and Da Silva would be a target in 1st round, that makes sense for the team.

Obviously, Langdon isn’t the main decision maker in NO, Weaver came from a high-functioning FO as well.

I think the honest answer, my snark aside about Duke and Tellum, is that there is no way to for us to really know.

2 Likes

Here’s a sad story about SVG’s wife’s death last fall.

1 Like

Really good article and I watched most of the video. Definitely adds a human element to the guys we see on the court and on the sideline.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1796640716065472802?s=46&t=pI3vfmsWTFNvkSEe6OFpuA

1 Like

Is there a reason he’s been around the last two months?

1 Like

Now, let’s fire Monty as well.

2 Likes

And hire who?

Literally anybody

4 Likes