Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Imagining how much worse the franchise outlook would be had we not won the lottery for Cade. I’d have <1% hope instead of just <5%

5 Likes

at least in other leagues you’re allowed to interview anyone as long as it’s a nominal promotion but if not then usually you can’t interview another team’s employee?

2 Likes

https://x.com/draftexpress/status/1789749336697409968?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg
https://x.com/draftexpress/status/1789750272379511050?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg

2 Likes

I’m okay with that.

Givony and Peek also mocked Buzelis to the Pistons. Game Theory did too.

Buzelis’ agent is Michael Tellum who is the son of Arn Tellum. This is probably one of the most obvious picks for the Pistons. I’m meh on Buzelis, but he makes sense if he can reach his upside.

2 Likes

Was wondering why 3 different mocks just so happened to slot him to the Pistons. Sam did on his most recent pod and tried to make the pitch that he was a shooter even tho he also made sure to say he wasn’t sold on Matas as a shooter.

Seems like really awful process.

as a card-carrying member of umhoops dot com, i of course have no reservations whatsoever about the question “is he related to someone we know” being an important part of the talent evaluation process

3 Likes

It seems like Arn’s influence hasn’t been good so far.

I loved Buzelis’s game when UM was recruiting him.

2 Likes

I don’t think Buzelis is a bad pick. If the main reason they pick him is some sort of daddy ball that’s bad process but it could turn out as fine as any pick there

Here’s one with Rissacher:

This is a year where I just don’t really think there is much difference between drafting #2 and #10. I’ve seen so many combinations in mocks already. Some have Sheppard and Dillingham top 3, some have them 8 or 9. Some mocks have Rissacher #2. This one has him #5. This one has Holland 4 and I’ve seen him at 10 elsewhere. There just isn’t a lot of separation in the top 10. Just need to trust the scout that you will find the right guy. That’s asking a lot of the Pistons.

1 Like

Sarr seems to be the consensus #1 pick but I’m not sure he’s the best player in the draft. I agree with you that there is no difference between #1 to #10 so crying about the Pistons not getting the top 3 pick doesn’t do me any good.

If there’s a legitimate complaint, it would be last year when they lost out on Wemby.

2 Likes

2-6 appears to be a tier.
https://x.com/DraftExpress/status/1786522123562778821

1 Like

Yep or even the prior year when Banchero and Chet were both available. Pistons get any of those players to pair with Cade and the future instantly looks way different. Instead, they are bad and will likely remain bad.

2 Likes

Ehhh, I don’t agree with it. I think top 10 is one giant tier. Sarr is overrated but then again somebody has to be the #1 pick.

It doesn’t help that Weaver did not put together a coherent roster that makes sense which is another reason why this team is bad. It’s hard to draft BPA when the BPA doesn’t fit the roster construction.

2 Likes

This class is reminiscent of the 2013 class, when Anthony Bennett went 1st overall and the whole of the lottery produced one guy (Victor Oladipo) who even made an All Star team. Everyone knew that class was bad going in and it certainly played out that way. Giannis went 15th that year. This class is going to be a crapshoot.