Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Cade has been looking real nice lately.

1 Like

Not sure how to feel about the Pistons not necessarily even having the worst record in the league by the end of the year…

Says more about the bottom teams than the Pistons. I rather not have them have the worst record in the league.

2 Likes

Pistons have climbed all the way to third worst in net efficiency above the Hornets and Wizards )even during the streak the Wizards were hovering around the same efficiency as them), but the Hornets are pretty decisively the worst team right now. Pistons and Wizards nearly 2 pp100 better

I think I read somewhere that since the trade deadline, the Pistons are closer to the middle of the pack than the bottom which tracks considering how bad they were earlier in the season.

Yeah, they were around -12 now -9.7, so clearly been significantly better. The trades obviously helped some (Fontecchio is an actual NBA wing, etc) as did the slow curtailment of absolutely silly rotations. Jettisoning Killian Hayes was a seriously good “take the club out of Monty’s bag” move.

2 Likes

Killian hasn’t been signed tells you what the NBA thinks about him. I can’t believe there were Hayes truthers this season.

We’ll see about Wiseman. He’s still a bad player but he has had 4 good games in a row. I still think Weaver shouldn’t re-sign him, but I bet he will unfortunately.

It’s a few days old, but from Dunc’d on, full year:

No Cade, No Ivey -15.3 net rating
Ivey, no Cade, -8 net rating (this struggle is actually defensvie, but lots of this has Hayes and Wiseman so)
Ivey, no Cade, no Hayes: 0.2 net rating!
Ivey, Cade: -6 net rating

Wiseman has improved from one of the bottom 10 worst players in the NBA to merely below replacement level.

1 Like

They’ve won 3 out of 4!

1 Like

Chasing the Spurs now so they can not even be in the bottom three teams!!

Pistons are 3-1 in Taj Gibson era. Since they signed him to a 10 day contract, Wiseman coincidentally played a lot better.

I know this is a joke, but Taj is one of my favorite players ever. Awesome dude, tough as nails, epitome of a good vet. Always loved how he played, and personally, a co-worker of mine used to subscribe to one of those “clubs” where a sports figure comes and talks for 45 minutes to a room full of old white guys (I wasn’t old yet!) and I got to sit at a dinner table with Mike Dunleavy Jr. and Taj - he was very personable, and I’d say overly patient with the old white nerds (I did ask Mike what he did to make Giannis attempt to murder him in the playoffs when Giannis was a rookie).

1 Like

I’m a fan of Taj’s too. I know he’s pretty much done but I am surprised that he hasn’t gotten any minutes yet.

Can someone explain to me why Cade decided to shoot a 3 with 10 seconds left? Asking for a friend

1 Like

Ausar (blot clot) and Stew (hammy) have been shut down for the rest of the season. Teams may average 140 against us the rest of the way.

you guys ever think about the fact that the name “JB Bickerstaff” is also a list of the last 15 years of Michigan bball coaches? I’ll take my answer off the air, thanks

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1772636964161790248?t=IOB4Fb38YMZm71yC1UzZZw&s=19

Wow Greeny said UConn would make the NBA playoffs…:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Yeah no, UConn would get run out of the gym against any of the NBA team. The Pistons would win by 50 at minimum

1 Like

Just think how awesome most of the Pistons were as college players like four years ago when they were significantly worse

2 Likes