Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Also, the Wiz have lost 16 games in a row. They have the Hornets up next. If they lose that game, there’s a solid chance that they can go on a run to top the Pistons 28-game losing streak.

1 Like

Monty is now 1-0 against Ollie. Take that WEAVER! /s

2 Likes

Jaden* :face_with_peeking_eye:

Characters

1 Like

Did it seem like Monty’s rotations were more sane in that victory or was it just a good performance by a few key players?

Glad they aren’t going to set the record for futility…even if a couple wins better isn’t saying much.

Two games in a row where his rotations has been better. He finally staggered Cade and Jaden’s minutes which is something that we’ve been screaming all year long. It’s no coincidence that both had a big game last night.

2 Likes

Shooting 55%/40% obviously helps, but they nearly gave it away with their extreme turnovers again. Offensive rebounding was a big factor (Thompson, Stewart, Duren, Ivey, Fontecchio all grabbed at least 2)…but turning it over on like 20% of your possessions is…bad

Obviously you’d like your ball handlers to have fewer turnovers than Cade and Ivey did (9). That’s a problem…but when they’re having a good game you can tolerate that a little more. The 10 turnovers from the starting front court of Thompson, Stewart, and Duren is what stands out to me.

Oops. My bad.

I believe that Monty finally decided in the 2nd half to have either Cade or Ja D en on the court with the bench players, and that was helpful.

There are still lots of times where they rush a pass or try high-risk entry passes. And there were at least two moving screen calls.

I don’t love Cade having 5 turnovers but he was still above a 2 to 1 A/TO ratio, which is solid.

I think, at some point, the court awareness of our young guys will improve. And I’m really excited to see what kind of player Ausar can be if he tightens up his handle.

One thing that is coming along for him is he’s been starting to make a fair bit of his corner 3’s.

Cade is the 6th fastest in NBA history to 2500 points and 800 assists. He’s with some decent company.

2 Likes

One who’s in that group with Cade gave Ausar some love.

https://www.si.com/nba/pistons/news/lebron-james-shouts-out-pistons-ausar-thompson-after-win-vs-nets

The Wiz beat the Hornets by 12.

https://twitter.com/PistonsMuse/status/1766557700962324688?t=8a7nszQaTYE-pD88tStweg&s=19

1 Like

That would feel a lot better if they had just posted what he’s shot on corner threes after January 10th.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’d guess that to get it up 10 points, he’s probably shot around 33-35% from the corners over that span.

That’s encouraging but he’s still a non-shooter. If he can be average in shooting, he’ll be playable for longer stretches of the game especially at the end of the game situation

For sure. He has a nice turnaround from about 8 feet but it’s still an adventure anywhere beyond that, including the FT line. However, he does a lot of other things. I’d say he’s already our best wing defender since prime Tayshaun.
I’m pretty excited about his potential.

https://x.com/mobhoops/status/1767354352669258228?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg