Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Just want to share that I’m watching last nights NBA and I just saw Lester Quinones slip a screen he was setting for Steph Curry.

Inevitably, Dray hit him for a layup.

Some balls, kid.

Is Marcus Sasser getting a couple amputations

https://twitter.com/JLEdwardsIII/status/1761097016052977902

Monty’s preference for half of an NBA player explains all that playing time Killian got.

Franz, Mo, and Houstan at LCA tonight against the pistons. Game starting now

Monty’s at 10 so far, waiting for the 1/2

2 Likes

Paolo dagger, but did he travel :face_with_monocle:

Can somebody explain why Monty is so bad? What was going on in Phoenix?

He thinks Wiseman plays good defense?

Might as well find out what you have on the team now. No amount of winning at this stage will get them to the playoffs. No matter what some of those guys are going to be on the team next year. Need to see what they have and how they fit. The team needs consistent three point shooting and competent defenders. And if they do not stop throwing the ball to the other team it won’t matter who Monty Williams puts on the floor. Cade and Ivey are some of the worst turnover offenders.

Pistons absolutely robbed in the final seconds to lose at the Knicks by two. Ausar assaulted at the end, no call

3 Likes

Pistons have been terrible this year but the past 2 games for them its been an officiating travesty.

3 Likes

How is it not a loose ball foul against the NYK on Ausar?!?!?

1 Like

At least immediately after the game the refs admit their error…

https://twitter.com/VinceGoodwill/status/1762328620377190596?t=vo51sBXF7Se0XiYYE2lD-A&s=19
:roll_eyes:

Pistons win. Bulls shoot 2-29 from 3. Probably won’t win that way.

Fun game tonight, especially after the way the last two games ended. I know the Bulls are a little short-handed but to get a road win on the 2nd day of a back-to-back is solid.

However, there was still a bit of a bad aftertaste. The Pistons are planning on buying out Mike Muscala, who is a better back-up center than Wiseman is.

2 Likes

Musucla didn’t want to sit behind Wiseman and getting DNP - CD that he wants out. He actually helped the team with the spacing even though he’s not a good player.

Monty’s continued obsession with the all-bench lineup is mystifying.

This has probably been said in this thread already but, it feels like Monty is just trying to do as bad a job as possible to get out of Detroit. Don’t know if that has any truth to it, but definitely feels that way

even if it’s not what he’s doing, his decisions are indistinguishable from what he’d be doing if that was what he was trying to do! always a good sign

1 Like

The Pistons had a nice win vs. the Nets tonight, which means they at least avoid the distinction of tying for the worst record in NBA history. Both Cade and Jalen scored over 30 points, and the team overcame 20+ turnovers to get a 118-112 victory.

Also, yesterday they signed Taj Gibson to a 10-day contract. I don’t know if he’ll play but he at least could provide some leadership while he’s here. Hey, we’re 1-0 with him!!!

2 Likes