Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

I would be throwing air punches every day if i knew i was making 15 mil a year.

1 Like

Eubanks was the receiver of the physical contact, which had been initiated in an area that had contained a player whose arms had been moving.

1 Like

Sounds like Eubanks was inside the cylinder and should have been the one arrested.

3 Likes

This man lost a bet to @BigBoutros

3 Likes

Monty promised that he was going to compete to win games and he puts out 5 man bench lineup on the floor and played 11 guys last night. Unserious coach. He needs to be fired.

Gores won’t do it because he paid too much money to bring him in.

Is he trying to get fired maybe?

3 Likes

I know +/- can be a misleading stat, but the Pistons lost by 14 points last night and somehow Cade was +10 and Ivey was +6. Monty’s rotations and lineups that he puts on the floor have been a problem all year. He absolutely does not maximize the team’s chance at success.

https://x.com/bensquag/status/1760852793320198313?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg

1 Like

https://x.com/sam_vecenie/status/1760898455013310538?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg

Wow…coming from Vecenie is notable. This isn’t some random blogger.

The funny part is that the Muscala lineups were doing (relatively) well, and now he’s back to DNP-CD’s

3 Likes

Roughly 13 minutes into Thursday’s 129-115 loss to the Indiana Pacers, Detroit Pistons coach Monty Williams subbed in Malachi Flynn, the 11th player on the night to touch the floor for the visiting squad.

Eleven players in, essentially, one quarter.

That is a lot for any team, let alone a squad at the bottom of the NBA’s standings. The Pistons have eight wins … total. They have a handful of new players who just put their bags down in Detroit for the first time sometime last week, if that. For the first 24 minutes of the game, which was the first since the All-Star break concluded, the Pistons looked like a group of strangers asked to play professional basketball together. Detroit gave up 42 points in the first quarter and 30 in the second. It turned the ball over 11 times in the first half alone.

It felt as if Williams were experimenting, as if the Pistons were still having auditions for next year’s squad. The problem is, the day before the loss, he said that wouldn’t happen.

“I’m not going to be throwing combinations on the floor to just be looking at certain combinations,” Williams said Wednesday. “We’re done with that, in my opinion. We’re trying to develop guys, for sure, but we’re going to try and win every game we can so that we can create what we feel (will give us momentum) going into the summer.”

There’s really no rhyme or reason to Williams’ method. Sasser has been one of the most efficient scorers in the NBA, not just for a rookie, and he played 10 total minutes. Flynn, who likely won’t be on the team next season, played 11 minutes. If the team is prioritizing winning down the stretch, Muscala’s getting minutes behind Jalen Duren would help with that. Cunningham and Jaden Ivey were the only players on the floor with a positive plus-minus for Detroit in a 14-point loss. Yet, there was no staggering of the two franchise guards for any real substantial period.

1 Like

I would’ve been fine with it if it’s Beef Stew backing up at C, but Wiseman. Wiseman is a huge negative on the court.

1 Like

I can’t really think of a reason to play 11 guys, and using a dead-ender both in terms of his NBA career and utility to the Pistons like Malachi Flynn or Wiseman is just wild to me

A smarter coach would’ve had the rotation like this:

Cade
Ivey
Ausar
Fonteccio
Duren

Players off the bench:
Sasser
Brown
Beef
Grimes
Maybe Muscula if they need a 3rd big

Playing Fournier, Flynn, Milton makes zero sense

https://twitter.com/JDsSportsTweets/status/1761069246769979802?t=c1HAK1_FYd-80DF3NS6_HQ&s=19

there are still twenty-seven games left?

https://x.com/jledwardsiii/status/1761096309295981008?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg

1 Like

I’m sorry

I literally (LITERALLY) spit-taked when I read “like” and “Wiseman’s” and “defense”

There is coffee on my screen

2 Likes

Has anyone thought to give Monty an eye exam or cognitive function test lately?