Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

I can finally celebrate. He sucks and did not like the pick at the time.

Jaden is finally freed from Killian!!!

2 Likes

I mean it’s good that he is gone, but I’m not sure it is worth celebrating that the Pistons couldn’t trade their #7 pick for even a bag of basketballs. Literally nothing

1 Like

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1755670062814449741?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg
The Danuel House era is over. I’ll always remember his time as a Piston

3 Likes

I don’t care because he’s not an NBA player IMO. He’s a nice guy, but he hasn’t improved one bit in terms of weaknesses.

Apparently, the Pistons had the trade deal in line until Monty nixed it preseason FWIW.

1 Like

James Wiseman survived the wave of cuts. Hayes, Harris, Hause and Arcidiacono all got cut. Too bad Wiseman’s name doesn’t start with a H or he would’ve been cut.

1 Like

Overall good moves. Acquired the types of players they needed: namely, guys that can shoot, play defense, and don’t cost a lot. Simone, Grimes and Troy Brown Jr (the last of which may not be around next year.) Will probably add Tobias Harris in the offseason.

Guards/Wings: Ivey, Cade, Sasser, Grimes
Forwards: Ausar, Fontecchio, Tobias Harris? (2024 Lottery Pick?)
Bigs: Duren, Stewart

Maybe they try to re-sign Troy Brown Jr and Muscala.

Basically doing what they should have done this season. Putting a coherent group of two-way role players around the young players.

FWIW, there was likely a deal on the table: Kilian for two of the following (Zaire Williams, Jake LaRavia, David Roddy, Jon Konchar) and a 2nd round pick. Guessing the Pistons turned it down because it would have eaten into their cap space by about 7mil.

What’s the source of this deal?

Heard/read it in a few places. Probably Lowe Post or NBA Front Office.

Following a Detroit Free Press report that former No. 7 overall pick Killian Hayes and his representation would prefer a change of scenery, the Memphis Grizzlies are among the teams that have expressed trade interest in Hayes, league sources told HoopsHype. Rival executives are also monitoring Memphis’ rookie-scale players under contract, including Ziaire Williams and Jake LaRavia as trade candidates, league sources say. Rival executives believe the emergence of GG Jackson and Vince Williams could make Williams and LaRavia expendable.
Source: HoopsHype

Hayes will take over for Ja Morant when he does something stupid again.

1 Like

That doesn’t say anything that it was offered in this blurb.

Not that any Bulls fan couldn’t see this coming but yeesh, nailed it. What a useless franchise.

The Knicks FO seems to really understand how valuable it is to be deep. It’s so easy to cruise to like 45 wins if you just stack up a roster of average-ish dudes. Obviously they have greater aims but you also get trade ballast that’s pretty easy to make work for matching salary reasons. Meanwhile they’ve kept their powder dry on their draft assets. They even tamper with the best of them!

The Knicks are…a model franchise?

1 Like

Man what am I going to post about now

So basically, he requested a trade and was kicked to the curb. L mao

1 Like

I think Leon Rose is clearly pretty competent

Like the Brunson thing was more, you know, than brilliant executing but the rest is pretty good

1 Like

Me neither. Getting our conditional 1st round pick back from them needed to be in the mix.

1 Like

Exactly, with Bagley and Hayes gone–though Wiseman is still in town.

I heard some version of it multiple places (both national and Pistons beat writers) Enough for it to be clear it was a thing,

1 Like

2 in a row for the Pistons with only 9 players on back to back. 7/7 from 3 for Ivey. Is that good???